• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Ravens are moving on from Lamar should we knock on that door?

TheBigKat

27 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

he's not that good of a passer

Compared to what? He definitely isn't dumping passing yards but he has a career 63.7 completion percentage and had 36 passing touchdowns just a few years ago. I get if people aren't interested due to what he would cost. But when some folks are convincing themselves Sam Darnold is worth keeping around but Lamar Jackson isn't a good passer I have to chuckle at the huddle.

• Beer 1
  • The D 2

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Compared to what? He definitely isn't dumping passing yards but he has a career 63.7 completion percentage and had 36 passing touchdowns just a few years ago. I get if people aren't interested due to what he would cost. But when some folks are convincing themselves Sam Darnold is worth keeping around but Lamar Jackson isn't a good passer I have to chuckle at the huddle.

Based on my eyes watching him play, raw numbers can be very misleading if they're built up through dump offs and easy passes due to scheme.  The MVP year was more due to scheme and play calling, the Ravens had players running wide open all year long, any NFL QB was making most of those passes he was hitting that year.

But he just doesn't have the accuracy of an elite level QB who deserves to be one of the highest paid players in the league, he's just not that guy.  Mac Jones has a higher completion % in his two years than all of Jackson's seasons except for his MVP year, and even that was lower than Jones' rookie season. 

Do you think Jones is an elite level passer?

God no, they just have him make a ton of easy throws a game and it helps build up his % stats, but he's not and likely will never be an elite level passer.

Too many fans look at only raw numbers or fantasy points for players these days instead of actually watching them play and using their own eyes to judge players.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seeing how huge trades and massive contracts for Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are working out, I think I'm all the way out on trading a king's ransom for a QB another team is willing to part with and then handing him a record setting contract.

But he'd be a shiny refurbished toy! We can run it back (no pun intended) to 2015, baby!

Greg Olsen Football GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Based on my eyes watching him play, raw numbers can be very misleading if they're built up through dump offs and easy passes due to scheme.  The MVP year was more due to scheme and play calling, the Ravens had players running wide open all year long, any NFL QB was making most of those passes he was hitting that year.

Lol what? That is not how Greg Romans offensive scheme works at all…  this an absurd take.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seeing how huge trades and massive contracts for Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are working out, I think I'm all the way out on trading a king's ransom for a QB another team is willing to part with and then handing him a record setting contract.

That is were I draw the clear line. It can only be trade 3 ones for a QB under a cheap/fair contract *OR* sign him to top five contracts WITHOUT moving draft capital. Both?!?!??!?!!?!?!? get out of here with that BS...

49ers did this for a rookie, mainly cause they have the best roster in the NFL.....alllll thats missing is the QB.

Watson and Wilson, who in their right mind thinks this is the way??? 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Same, but I'm also not up for trading a massive haul to move up and get an unknown rookie.

Need to bump one of the Watson threads, were I said you can not trade a huge haul of picks for QB when you also have multiple holes....think about the OL without stud Icky there...whom would have been one of the picks for Watson....

Called allllll sort of names and look at it now...

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same, but I'm also not up for trading a massive haul to move up and get an unknown rookie.

I agree and I do member you being one of the few that didnt want Watson before the tiny towel deal....

What i dont get is *IF* I am trading up for your pick, why do i tell you its for a QB??? Its for a player. Sorta like if you call catering service and tell them its for a wedding, the price is 35% more.....so you have to lie in order to avoid the wedding tax. super dumb.... Its my business whom Im drafting....