• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have your say: Which candidate for Head Coach do you want in Carolina?

panthersphan

Have your say: Which candidate for Head Coach do you want in Carolina?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate for Head Coach do you want in Carolina?

• Steve Wilks
    • Ben Johnson
    • Shane Steichen
    • Mike Kafka
    • Ken Dorsey
    • DeMeco Ryans
    • Kellen Moore
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Frank Reich
    • Jerod Mayo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2023 at 07:00 AM

1 hour ago, CRA said:

give me Ben Johnson.  That's the type guy we should of gone after when we let Ron go. 

*requirement is he hires a DC that was former HC or something along those lines.  I want my green HC to have someone on staff that has been through it all. 

Yep. Mine as well

for the Oanthers to not insist on, and provide those things, is a formula for failure 

no more buddies…I want competency 

I voted Steichen but I honestly don't have a super strong opinion on this. He or Johnson would be my top two but I just want a great coach. Whoever it is I'm just gonna hope they're great.

Same with QB. I really don't want Will Levis but if we draft him then I'm just gonna hope I'm wrong and that he's a future HOFer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I voted Steichen but I honestly don't have a super strong opinion on this. He or Johnson would be my top two but I just want a great coach. Whoever it is I'm just gonna hope they're great.

Same with QB. I really don't want Will Levis but if we draft him then I'm just gonna hope I'm wrong and that he's a future HOFer.

Yeah right now I'm leaning Johnson and AR (unless we can get Stroud without a huge cost of assets), but if it's Levis I will hope I was as wrong as I was about Herbert in Oregon.  Levis definitely has some arm strength like Herbert and a quick release.

• Pie 1

1a) Shane Steichen

1b) Ben Johnson (May have less experience as OC, but have been mentored by some coaches that’s coached up some very good QB’s)

Both Steichen and Johnson alter play calling to personnel that’s what I like about both of them. I believe their most HC ready of the young OC’s!

2) Steve Wilks- If he finds the OC that complements his style of play

Man, I'm looking at Ben Johnson's credentials, and really the only thing I'm seeing is his success with the Lions this year.  Hats off to him with the overall job he did, but let's be real, it's not like he tore the league wide open.  His team did finish around 500.  Yeah I would have to see a little more offensive success than just this one year.

I've also seen people wanting him majorly because of that Packers game.  Come on, Aaron Rodgers is on the down side of his career with the Packers.  If that were the old cats, the Lions would have been washed.

Edited by Matthias
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

Man, I'm looking at Ben Johnson's credentials, and really the only thing I'm seeing is his success with the Lions this year.  Hats off to him with the overall job he did, but let's be real, it's not like he tore the league wide open.  His team did finish around 500.  Yeah I would have to see a little more offensive success than just this one year.

I've also seen people wanting him majorly because of that Packers game.  Come on, Aaron Rodgers is on the down side of his career with the Packers.  If that were the old cats, the Lions would have been washed.

The Lions defense was sh-t.

Johnson getting interviews is justified. The fact that a few teams have also asked to interview Aaron Glenn is what I find baffling.