• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t think they draft a QB”

ncfan

31 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Then go all in for Lamar stop messing around 

The guy couldn't finish last season and it cost his team the playoffs and he couldn't finish this season and it's going to cause them to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

In what world is trading a whole bunch of high draft picks for him and then giving him a monster fully guaranteed contract even a halfway decent idea?!?!?!

It would be the most idiotic thing any franchise could do, there is a reason the Ravens haven't given him a long term deal yet, they know what everyone else knows and are just hoping if they hold out long enough, some team out there will make a massive mistake and trade for him instead.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

So what do you have in mind then, if they don’t draft a qb? 

I'm not convinced they won't. But if not, try a modest trade for Carr and look to next season.

Going with something that's less than ideal just because you have to have it now is a path to bad things.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I prefer to wait for #QB2025 or #QB2026. Gotta keep kicking that QB can down the road. It is the Way.

I hear you. Doesn’t change the fact 2024 is our year to land a franchise QB in the draft. 

Not to mention the rumors (albeit unlikely) that Stroud could return to Ohio St. 

• Poo 3

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Derek Carr, draft a guy where we're comfortable taking one.  Carr, rookie, Corral, and Darnold go into camp.

This.  There is more than one round.  Draft the best candidate in the second round, where the team’s player assessment aligns better with draft position.  Why draft a second round talent in the first round?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced they won't. But if not, try a modest trade for Carr and look to next season.

Going with something that's less than ideal just because you have to have it now is a path to bad things.

Seriously, it's like some people don't understand that in the NFL, you can't do everything you want to do in every off season, sometimes the players just aren't there with what you have at your disposal in terms of draft and cap capital.

I don't even think it will be a trade for Carr, I think he becomes a Free Agent as I can't see what team out there right now is in need of a QB and would be willing to take on his current contract.  

But I'm 100% on board with giving Carr a shot this year if we can get him on a good deal and wait on drafting a QB next year if Carr sucks.  He's never had good coaching and has been routinely let down by his defenses his whole career.

Give him our defense and quality coaching (i.e. one of these OC candidates) and I think he can be very successful, especially if we then use that #9 pick on a WR with speed to take the top off and allow DJ to be that possession WR across the middle.

Carr in that situation would be a significant upgrade of Teddy/Darnold/Baker by a very wide margin. 

39 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I hear you. Doesn’t change the fact 2024 is our year to land a franchise QB in the draft. 

Not to mention the rumors (albeit unlikely) that Stroud could return to Ohio St. 

I guarantee you 3/4 of that list will be deemed "Not worth a first round pick". Seems to have been the same song and dance every season. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I guarantee you 3/4 of that list will be deemed "Not worth a first round pick". Seems to have been the same song and dance every season. 

If the guys listed in that tweet were in this year’s draft, what would your top 6-10 look like?

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Will Kunkle who covers the Panthers just said on WFNZ 

“I don’t think the Panthers draft a QB”  

“They don’t like any of the QBs that are expected to be available.  And do not want to move up for one of these guys.”

Hopefully this means that Fitt isn't going to overpay just to gamble. If one of the guys they don't expect to be available falls, they'll still take him I think.

Glad to hear that they're going to make sure they get a quality player rather than just targeting a position.