• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnson staying in Detroit

Cdparr7

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your list of similarities included things like "he previously was a position coach".

Actually the point you are trying to mock is when I said they were both position coaches, before becoming coordinators for a short amount of time being before being considered.

Then all the neck beards and mouth breathers were like “uH ArEn’T aLl oF tHeM pOsItIoN cOaChEs” hardy harr harr. 

3 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

If anything good comes out of Johnson backing out, it’s not having to read idiotic posts from Cdparr7. 

I’ll die on that hill. I will gladly be mocked so I don’t have to sit through 3 years of incarnate Adam Gase. 

16 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Not a big fan of this coming out now it’s gives the Saints a little more leverage if Tepper is all in on Payton 

Pretty sure the compensation has already been agreed to if he already has an interview set up with us.

One thing that does concern me about all of that is, I was listening to local radio here in Ralegih about it and they said Tepper's reputation around the league at this point is essentially a "mark." And I hadn't really thought about it, but I'd agree.  They mentioned how if you become the object of his desire, he will pay/offer whatever it takes for his "shiny new toy."  And that is essentially what he did with Rhule.  It's what he's done with several mediocre QBs since jettisoning Cam at Rhule's dumbass direction...  so, he has definitely earned the reputation.  My concern is, the Payton thing may already be locked up because Payton, although interested in coaching for several teams, also wants to look out for his old friend and otganization, and get them the best compensation in the process...  I wonder if Tepper, once again, like he did imwith Rhule and Darnold, outbid himself in a silent auction for Payton's services and that sealed it.  Smh...