• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton

GOAT

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton  

225 members have voted

1. 1. If we hire Sean are you still a Panthers fan?

Wut? People would quit being fans over Sean Payton? Jfc. I can understand not liking the guy but I could understand quitting if it was Wilks more than Payton.  I could understand being sent over the edge by the prospect of more years of the same old same old, but not cuz the new Super Bowl winning coach has a douchey face and had a bounty program once upon a time. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Wut? People would quit being fans over Sean Payton? Jfc. I can understand not liking the guy but I could understand quitting if it was Wilks more than Payton.  I could understand being sent over the edge by the prospect of more years of the same old same old, but not cuz the new Super Bowl winning coach has a douchey face and had a bounty program once upon a time. 

Wilks is at least at his core is what the best of the Panthers has always been about.  Keep Pounding. 

Payton? A pill popping, bountygate (against our Panthers) villain that we rightfully disliked.    

I don’t want Wilks.  But Payton having a ring doesn’t mean we should want him.   It makes no sense.  Why give up a bunch of picks to our division rival for a douchebag coach??? That’s not building things the right way from the ground up.   I’ll strongly consider being done with the Panthers if Tepper fugs up a 2nd hire badly.  It’s just a football team.   And I have switched teams before. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Give me a break. As nice as that motto is, it has done nothing for the franchise. Because that's all it is, a motto.

I mean, I literally have said 100 times I want nothing to do with Wilks.  It’s just a repeat of what we have claimed we wanted to improve on. 

But I can’t endorse giving away draft picks to a division rival for douchebag Payton.  That’s the real point 

10 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Still a fan of the Panthers football team, but I won't go to a game, watch a game, buy a piece of memorabilia, a jersey, anything. I know the NFL is a violent game, injuries happen. But paying your guys to intentionally end someone's career and end their livelihood? Sorry. Not going to have any support for that type of bullshit. Might as well be one of the fans cheering when Cam was getting smashed in the head. 

Yea but the thing is, every team in the league was doing “bounties on opposing players” for years and years. Then, when the headlines about CTE related (football) injuries became a big deal, and the league was worried about lawsuits, they finally started coming down hard on teams/players for bounties. When the Saints were penalized, there were other teams still doing (permitting) the same thing. More than a few players came out and said so. But in the end, Roger Goodall chose to make Sean Payton his big scapegoat. Just saying, not that it was alright, but if you want to be fair about it, if the league had chosen to they could have penalized a lot more teams and players. The evidence was everywhere.

Oh man, I hope Sean Payton gets a job quick not with the Panthers.  I can see him getting a bag of money from Tepper, all while screwing the Panthers for multiple draft picks for his beloved Saints, and then messing stuff up as fast as he could, then taking the money and running.

6 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Getting eggplant emojis from someone who joined after 2015. Tells me all I need to know.

ahhh yes, because as we all know, the date someone joined the huddle is the exact moment they became a panthers fan. I've been browsing this place for longer than my join date anyways, so your "point" still falls completely flat. You're not actually delusional enough to think that the vaunted 2015 bandwagoners are still following this team in 2022 right?

my answer isn't final anyway, I just put no because it's what I'm leaning towards and I don't really expect Payton to actually be hired. I'll have to seriously mull it over if the time comes; hopefully it won't.

Edited by beo

1 minute ago, beo said:

ahhh yes, because as we all know, the date someone joined the huddle is the exact moment they became a panthers fan. You're not actually delusional enough to think that the vaunted 2015 bandwagoners are still following this team in 2022 right? 

my answer isn't final anyway, I just put no because it's what I'm leaning towards and I don't really expect Payton to actually be hired. I'll have to seriously mull it over if the time comes; hopefully it won't.

It is batshit crazy or you’re a bandwagon for you to even be mulling the possibility of giving up on your team because they might hire a coach you don’t like. 

Edited by NJPanthers12

9 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

It is batshit crazy for you to even be mulling the possibility of giving up on your team because they might hire a coach you don’t like. 

Can't say I agree; I'd have a hard time supporting a coach who not only oversaw and allowed a program which sought to inflict serious injury on our players in the past, but covered it up and refused to shut it down even after being told by the owner directly to do so. Not to mention that he's a playoff choker and the brand of football his teams play is quite unwatchable as a cherry on top. Also, you are aware that this 2015 bandwagoner boogeyman you keep attempting to fall back on.. wouldn't have actually seen the games in which their players were cheapshotting our guys right? The bountygate news broke in 2012. A lot of newer fans wouldn't even be aware of it happening.

This is a subjective thing though, so I understand your stance, and I'm certainly not going to hold it against anyone for thinking differently.

Edited by beo
  • Poo 1