• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Jalen Hurts sort of hurts.....

YourLastThought

He wasn't absolutely on fire as you can tell he is still hurting from his injury but even in that he was consistent and a great leader. It hurts to know we could have had him but I'm sure we like many others and even myself did not think he would turn out to be much at all other than a career backup at VERY best. I myself did not even think he would be in the league long and would be gone within a few years. He not only belongs but is the heart and soul of their franchise. Somehow the eagles struck absolute gold with him and he also seems to be one hell of a decent guy. I wish we could have a game changing team leading soul of the franchise again like Hurts is to the eagles. Haven't had it since Cam and I sure wish we could find our next cam or the next Jalen Hurts. That guy is such a special talent.

I guess many teams are kicking themselves that they did not notice how good he could potentially be but the eagles were smart enough to take that chance on him and roll the dice. I would give up any QB on the roster right now and a couple firsts for him without even second thinking as I'm sure many others would as well but of course eagles aren't trading him for anything obviously.

21 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He is prob my #1 guy now. Don’t want to give up draft picks for Payton. 

Finally getting on the train I've been on for months.  I'd take Payton though,  as long as it doesn't cost this years first.  Hopefully payton is his douchey self and tells the saints to take a third round pick next year or he just will wait another year.  If he doesn't take a job this year they get nothing. They don't have much leverage and I would think a smart coach wouldn't want his new team giving up 2 1sts to get him

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

He would have looked like Bridgewater under the previous regime. The entire panthers history from 2019-now should be erased and never spoken of again. Reminds me of the stretch from 97-01 where we floundered along with no real direction.

I hope we get this next hire right or it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

The Browns were in a 20ish year streak before Mayfield or Watson, depending on how you define their QB success. 

That was all very poor ownership and management, which we could possibly have.

My biggest fear is that we flub this coaching search and then it becomes painfully obvious that Tepper is one of the worst owners in the NFL. That is a nosedive that is very difficult to pull out of for an NFL franchise.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

'Hurts is garbage' was the general consensus here when he was coming out in the draft. I honestly don't remember him having any real fans, but I definitely wasn't in the majority whose sentiment of Hurts was he couldn't make it as a NFL QB.

I was kicking and screaming for him. Even in our draft thread I called out that hurts was gonna be our pick, and he wasn’t …. Sigh

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I was kicking and screaming for him. Even in our draft thread I called out that hurts was gonna be our pick, and he wasn’t …. Sigh

You were one of the few, if not the only one.  I was indifferent on Hurts (not down on him, not super excited either) but the haters were extremely vocal if you recall.  "Lost his job to Tua"  "forced to transfer" "system QB at OK" "undersized" " "Not worth a pick because he's not a 1st rounder" etc....

It is actually crazy how good Jalen Hurts has become.

I always liked Hurts in college, especially because he handled the situation with Tua SO well.  Nobody else handles that situation as good as he did.  So I knew from that he was a phenomenal leader.  But there is a reason he got sat for Tua in the first place.  

He's clearly got one hell of a work ethic because he's come a long way as a passer.

• Pie 4

With ALL that talent on that roster, why would you believe that OC is worth a HC job? I would think the NYG OC Kafka did more with a lot less talent. The Eagles are loaded with talented players. And those plays were not amazing play designs, just good plays by good players and there's too many to cover. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

'Hurts is garbage' was the general consensus here when he was coming out in the draft. I honestly don't remember him having any real fans, but I definitely wasn't in the majority whose sentiment of Hurts was he couldn't make it as a NFL QB.

I wanted him.  He was projected to go around the 5th round, and people here thought he shouldn't even be drafted.  It was surprising to see the Eagles take him in the 2nd.