• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

9 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If your tepper and you want a hc with experience and an offensive mind

You've got Payton, Reich and Caldwell. 

If just experience, add Wilks. 

Unless you convince Steichen to let the team hire your staff (fangio) and such then I think the list is probably from the top set of coaches. 

If Steichen is ok with his OC and DC being former HC and being hired by the team, then he's probably the pick. 

I mean Fangio is on staff with Philly with Steichen and we interviewed Fangio after Steichen, feels like it could be a mutual interest from us and Steichen.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

To me, that is the ideal situation for a young coach.  

Depends on what he wants...

Coaches, even young ones, generally get to hire their own staff. Some balk at the idea of having any part of it chosen for them.

The team might suggest certain coaches, but if they insist on them, that's where it gets tricky.

• Pie 1

I don't necessarily know if Fangio would be "pushed" onto Steichen either. If he's a top candidate, I'm sure one of the questions asked in the initial interview was "who would you be looking to bring on as your top lieutenants"? Remember, Fangio is a defensive consultant for the Eagles this season:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/10/10/23397056/eagles-vic-fangio-nfl-rumors-news-source-report-jonathan-gannon-defensive-coordinator-philadelphia

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I don't necessarily know if Fangio would be "pushed" onto Steichen either. If he's a top candidate, I'm sure one of the questions asked in the initial interview was "who would you be looking to bring on as your top lieutenants"? Remember, Fangio is a defensive consultant for the Eagles this season:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/10/10/23397056/eagles-vic-fangio-nfl-rumors-news-source-report-jonathan-gannon-defensive-coordinator-philadelphia

Steichen and Fangio would be a fuging God send

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

We’re not fortunate enough for that to happen for us. Wilks and Scott Turner coming soon.

I would put Steichen as the favorite unless Tepper speeds up and goes with Payton (who I think he's interested in, but not sure how much) 

Also not a lot making it out of Carolina's hiring group like it is with Denver. So who knows what's going on with the Panthers search. 

Edited by carpanfan96

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

I would put Steichen as the favorite unless Tepper speeds up and goes with Payton (who I think he's interested in, but not sure how much) 

Also not a lot making it out of Carolina's hiring group like it is with Denver. So who knows what's going on with the Panthers search. 

I will say this has been an incredibly quiet search by the Panthers. Only real "leak" was that Tepper/the team was excited by Ben Johnson and he may have been the frontrunner if he hadn't pulled out. Besides that, been crickets.

13 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

The scenario where we are "pushing" coaches onto any head coach, means it's time for a new head coach, IMO.

Let the football guys do football stuff. If you don't agree with it, let them know you don't agree with it. If it proves to be a mistake on the field, show them the door.

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I will say this has been an incredibly quiet search by the Panthers. Only real "leak" was that Tepper/the team was excited by Ben Johnson and he may have been the frontrunner if he hadn't pulled out. Besides that, been crickets.

There have been a bunch of leaks but none of them seemed particularly easy to verify. The closest we got was probably the Ben Johnson one.