• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, scratched said:

With Reich, you know what your getting. And he can put a really good staff together. I like him over a bunch of guys with no HC experience. Not sure this franchise is in position to roll the dice with someone who has never had HC experience. 

Exactly 

give me our Doug Pederson while everyone else pouts that we didn’t get the Byron Leftwich.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 4

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

[EEOC has entered the chat]

No, but I'm very familiar with the policies. I get reminders through training about every 3 months.  We take it very seriously, as we should.  It's made a tremendous difference in the production and diversity of thought processes in the staff.  

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im semi-retired construction. Building homes has become a look for gray hair, deal...... Plumbers, electricians, and carpenters Ive rarely seen a 20 year old thats not in the apprentice stage......40 is young. I had a 27 year old on my old crew, he was only there cause his father was the crew chief......both were great and I didnt have to check-up on them much than normal. Just learned the hard way about trusting work to be done....

Robots must save the future....

NO NOT GET ME STARTED ON ENGINEERS. I would take 1 gray hair engineer over 20 young fresh ones. No clue at problem solving, but the first edition blue prints look great and everyone wants the new "smart" guy who interviewed great....

As a more tenured engineer, that hires engineers, I agree with your last paragraph. 

that’s all I have to add

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

48 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

these are coaches not players.... I just dont understand this whole arguement about coaches being too old... its not like they are out there playing....

Older coaches bring something younger ones cannot and that is a vast amount of experience.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If they one and done why even hire them?

What are we the Texans now?

If the shoe fits and if the team is really bad. We wouldn’t be the Texans since we would have only fired one coach after a season. I have no problem firing a coach after one season if it is obvious he isn’t the answer.   

I have no confidence either coach is the answer or can lead this team to the Super Bowl.

But it looks like we will have to suffer through one of the coaches and hope he works out. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Andy Reid with the same roster last year is not doing much better than .500

I'm not so sure. Some coaches just know how to maximize their talent. I thought there was no way Tomlin was posting a winning record this year with that roster, but he did 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

If Reich is the guy I’ll give him a chance. Can’t be any worse. If Wilks is the guy I’ll say I told you so when the panthers go 8-9 9-8. And continue throwing for 40 yards a half. 

Give any coach in the league Sam Darnold and that's what you will get.

The Wilks slander has to stop!

No coach alive is making us a contender with Sam Darnold as our QB and DJ Moore the only threat on offense. Just stop with the nonsense.

Give Wilks a better QB and we make the playoffs point blank. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No, but I'm very familiar with the policies. I get reminders through training about every 3 months.  We take it very seriously, as we should.  It's made a tremendous difference in the production and diversity of thought processes in the staff.  

Sorry, my comment was too cryptic.  I was agreeing with your comments on ageism and the risk of EEOC enforcement action. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Give any coach in the league Sam Darnold and that's what you will get.

The Wilks slander has to stop!

No coach alive is making us a contender with Sam Darnold as our QB and DJ Moore the only threat on offense. Just stop with the nonsense.

Give Wilks a better QB and we make the playoffs point blank. 

He’s so good, we had to lock him up before other teams beat the door down to interview him. 

Such a joke we interviewed 115 people and this dude is one of the finalists. Such a Panthers move. 

• Pie 2