• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I heard Wentz was all Reich

That one wouldn't surprise me, given he worked with Wentz in Philly. And to be fair, when was the last time a Carolina QB put up a line like Wentz did under Reich?

Wentz 2021 stats: 3,563 yards (7 ypa, 62.4% comp %), 27 TDs, 7 INTs, 94.5 QB rating (60.6 QBR)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I don't know if that's on Reich so much as it's on Irsay - similar to Tepper always looking for the quick fix rather than grabbing someone like Justin Fields 2 years ago.

Was that on Tepper? Sounded like from Rhules interview he was the one that made the decision to not draft Fields. 
I mean Rhule straight up said there were no good QBs in the draft with Fields. 
He pretty much call Fields trash before back tracking of course. 

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I heard Wentz was all Reich

Wentz was all Reich, also had his best years under Reich, but also in the situation they were in at the time they weren't in a great spot to get a guy to develop.  One of those situations where you are too good to get what you actually need.

Luck retiring screwed him, but also if we go Reich we have to go Rookie QB IMO or I'm going to struggle to believe Tepper and Reich can ever fix it with a retread.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Albright echoes what was said on WFNZ...

Bad news for Steichen fans if true 

What a freaking bummer if true, sounds like Reich is the leader in the clubhouse right now. Well, I will say he can probably hire a good staff around him. 

29 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This would be my interview question for Reich: 

In 2021, all you had to do was beat a 2-14 Jacksonville team in the final week of the season to make playoffs. Your team lost 26-11 in a game that was never in doubt. Can you explain what happened there? Why was your team not prepared to execute that day?

"my QB was pure ass. "

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Albright echoes what was said on WFNZ...

Bad news for Steichen fans if true 

Like the anticipated end of a TV series it is gonna end on an anticlimactic note. 
Watch Steichen do really well when he is hired by another team next year and we are stuck with either Yesterday's Trash or Rivera Jr.  

• Pie 1