• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

nah def not that kinda risk. take a shot on a young offensive mind from a proven coaching tree, seems to be working league wide.

you do realize that a mere 4 years ago Frank Reich was that offensive mind from the proven coaching tree right?

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 3

I'm 100% ok with Reich because of his consistency in finding solid young coordinators. The empathetic human in me wants Wilks for a feel good SB but I cant really fathom that happening unless he strikes gold with his coordinators. Unfortunately he has the similar mindset Rivera had and that's what kept us from getting over the hump. Now if he throws a curveball and says he wouldn't promote Holcomb to DC, then we might have a more favorable scenario and I cant see that happening. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

2nd round interviews usually involve a different set of people. Maybe this is where they meet with Fitterer and Morgan and co? Not sure who is involved in the first round of interviews aside from Tepper and his wife. 

Previous reports seemed to indicate Fitterer, Morgan and Samir Suleiman were all in on the initial interviews, but I don't know that anyone really specified.

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

you do realize that a mere 4 years ago Frank Reich was that offensive mind from the proven coaching tree right?

I do, 4 years is long enough to prove if you can establish a winning program. I'll give him another chance because his QB's were inconsistent retreads. Worries me because that's been our MO the last few years and we also have an unhinged owner that gets too involved.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Reich is third on my list behind Steichen and Payton.  I was listening to a PODCAST yesterday saying it was Steichen job to lose.   I hope we hold out until the Eagles are out of the playoffs.  

I do believe that if Wilks is retained, we will definitely have a new OC.  I cringe at the thought of McAdoo being our OC in 2023.

Wilks/McAdoo being back as a combo is just waving the white flag and admitting you don't plan on ever improving. I can stomach Wilks to an extent but not McAdoo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would guess the second set of questions is more detailed and specific, like maybe naming names when it comes to staff and stuff like that.

That's just me spitballing though...

Here’s how I imagine it going:

Fitt: “Talk to me about your plans for filling out the rest of the coaching staff.”

Morgan: “What are your thoughts on our draft picks this year?”

David Tepper: “Also, what’s your favorite flavor of crayon?”

Nicole Tepper: “And as a Taurus, how do you plan to connect emotionally with the Virgo’s on the team?”

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Here is the thing with Reich

-Philly fans love him and credit him for the Super Bowl winning offense.  Even speaking as highly of him 5 years ago as Steichen today.

- had winning seasons in 3 out of 4 seasons as a Head Coach.

- has proven he can put together an elite staff.  One big issue he had in Indy was his staff constantly being poached.  His original staff in Indy today includes 2 current NFL HCs including Siriani with the Eagles.  And 3 current NFL coordinators which include Eagles Dc

-his big downfall was the Wentz issue.  Which if you look into it.  The same front office/ownership that’s about to hire Jeff Saturday as their next HC.  Gave Reich Jacolby Brissett and 100 year old Phillip Rivers instead of drafting one like he wanted.  That’s when Reich pushed for Wentz who he had a history with in Philly

Yea he got shafted by Indy like Wilks did in Arizona front office wise, not being able to pick his qb.