• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

5 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Ummmm, anybody think he could have an Andy Reid type thing happen here in Carolina after he was fired in Indy? I don't know what to think of this hire in all honesty as I dont know much about him. Some of you guys got me on the Shane Steichen wagon so I was hoping he would get the nod from us. Does he have the Andy Reid ability or smarts to come here and do what Reid did in Kansas City? I have no idea so I thought I would ask someone who knows more about him than me.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/020c0f87d61c068f33a4ff78c891995c10b9506773413970b538114a60ede8ec/1280/https://media3.giphy.com/media/XeXzWgD6P4LG8/200.gif

I don't think we should expect an Andy Reid type. Reid has been insanely successful no matter where he has been(only 7 of 24 seasons with less than 10 wins).

It would be nice but that is a pretty crazy bar to hit.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, RJK said:

And everywhere else he’s been 🤷‍♂️

Reich is a veteran player and now coach who by all accounts is a good man and good coach respected around the league. The locker room full of players that haven’t won anything in 5 years has to earn his respect. Not the other way around 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think we should expect an Andy Reid type. Reid has been insanely successful no matter where he has been(only 7 of 24 seasons with less than 10 wins).

It would be nice but that is a pretty crazy bar to hit.

I really wasn't big on Reich and didn't know much about him so I have no idea what to think here. Hope he is our Andy Reid or turns out to be. He should at bare minimum know how to develop a QB since he was one at a high level.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

...at least the Colts gave him an opportunity...unlike Wilks in AZ n now NC...smh 

Wilks had his shot and went 6-6 with a poo schedule. 

We got blown the fug out by the actual good team we played in the Bengals. 

The defense regressed and the offense was stale and predictable. 

Wilks has had more than enough shots in the NFL, maybe he can find a spot on his old buddy MoRons staff. 

After the Rhule fiasco, I can understand Tepper's reluctance to swing for the fences with a young OC hire.  Seeing the Panthers return to a level where they're competitive every week regardless of whom their opponent happens to be would be a good first step.  Perhaps finally achieving the elusive back-to-back winning seasons would be a worthwhile goal?  

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Joe Person
@josephperson
·
1m
Panthers announce they have hired Frank Reich, who took the first snap in team history.
The former Colts coach becomes the first head coach in Panthers' history with a strictly offensive background.

Wasn’t Seifert an offensive guy?

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Wilks had his shot and went 6-6 with a poo schedule. 

We got blown the fug out by the actual good team we played in the Bengals. 

The defense regressed and the offense was stale and predictable. 

Wilks has had more than enough shots in the NFL, maybe he can find a spot on his old buddy MoRons staff. 

Wilks said Holcomb is his DC if he was hired, that should have been an insta-no

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

Team moral just dip -10...

Wilks > Reich...hope he proves me wrong. 

Wilks had the players respect...Reich going have to earn it.

Did Reich ever find his QB in Indy...sounds a bit like Rhule...Wentz/Darnold...Baker/Matt Ryan..

And I hope Wilks gets a HC shot somewhere else, and make the playoffs...and watch the huddle meltdown when we go 5-11 the next three years...lol

watch he sign Daniel Jones....

Is that you Chuck? Confirmed Reich was the right hire if you hate it 😂

• Flames 2