• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: CJ Stroud is reportedly the “apple” of the Carolina Panthers’ eye at the moment.

9 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Why would the team leak this now? Freaking combine hasn’t even happened lol I smell bs with this. I’m sure they’d love to have him but I find it hard to believe that they would show their cards this early. 

It's misinformation  season for sure but this could also be those that have studied our scouting habits. These scouts can easily look at contingent numbers and assume. I'm pretty sure that we have invested plenty of time prior to Reich on this crop of qbs. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What in the world are you talking about? The Rams trade was 2023 2nd (pick 36), a 2024 1st and 2025 1st. All 3 picks can be used to trade in the 2023 draft. So in terms of value, the Rams pick 36 is worth more than our pick 39 which is worth more than the combined value of the CMC trade equivalent to pick 44. People in this thread were talking about us having to trade our two seconds, pick 9 and next year’s 1st and 2nd and/or 2025 1st.

You are just talking out of your ass now. The Rams offered us those picks and there is no reason we couldn’t use those picks to move up in the 2023 draft and the Rams picks would have been sufficient to move up while CMC’s picks aren’t even close.

Too late to cry over spilt milk it’s over now,, But we still have the picks to trade up regardless and keep our young pass rusher ..

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Too late to cry over spilt milk it’s over now,, But we still have the picks to trade up regardless and keep our young pass rusher ..

This has been an entertaining back and forth.

For the record, I'd trade Burns in a flash if it guaranteed my choice of QB and reduced the price of future picks.

Yes, he's a 24 y.o. pass rusher with all sorts of value today. Then, before the ink is dry on his extension this forum will see him as a 25/26 y.o. millstone on the cap and therefore the team's future.

He'll then be traded for a 5th rounder and this same forum will say good riddance...all while still debating on whether Arch Manning is worth trading up for in the draft because we still somehow have too many holes (again).

Or worse, he has a mediocre season next year, Tepper then balks at his asking price and Chicago pays him what he wants with all their cap room Peppers style. Then he leaves and Carolina has nothing to show for it other than an expanded search for a new DE and QB.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I appreciate you back tracking. I know it’s too late. We won’t get that Rams offer again. Again, just think it’s ironic that Burns was off limit yet his trade package would basically be equivalent to what we’d have to give up for a QB, which is somehow acceptable now.

Again, the picks for CMC are equivalent of pick 44 and that is certainly not enough to trade up to guarantee getting Stroud.

Let alone we probably lose a few more making all our picks more valuable hence why most of us didn’t want to win meaningless games 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah... nah.

The track record of Ohio State QBs in the NFL is a long one. And a laughable, lamentable one. And even if we just narrow it down to recent times they've produced Justin Fields, Troy Smith and Dwayne Haskins -- two complete busts and one guy the Bears are talking up in hopes of trading him to some sucker team.

Let's move on.

Didn't people say the same about LSU before Burrow?

Times have changed, only a few schools gets the top talents. I have no doubt Stroud would be a good NFL QB

• Pie 6