• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fangio to Miami official....well...maybe... probably tho

jb2288

8 minutes ago, panther4life said:

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I disagree. Guy is very plugged in in Miami

He's quoting a local columnist. I kinda doubt that guy's scooping Adam Schefter and Rapoport.

It's very possible that Fangio is going to sign with Miami but I'm gonna need a better source than that to really buy in.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's quoting a local columnist. I kinda doubt that guy's scooping Adam Schefter and Rapoport.

It's very possible that Fangio is going to sign with Miami but I'm gonna need a better source than that to really buy in.

I wouldn’t trust him over the likes of rappaport, schefter, pelissero, Josina Anderson. But they aren’t reporting conflicting info, so I trust him on this and I dont blame you for not.  Sounds like we will get word from the aforementioned names sometime soon! 

1 minute ago, panther4life said:

I wouldn’t trust him over the likes of rappaport, schefter, pelissero, Josina Anderson. But they aren’t reporting conflicting info, so I trust him on this and I dont blame you for not.  Sounds like we will get word from the aforementioned names sometime soon! 

That's the thing. Given what's already out there, none of what he's saying is exactly a huge stretch.

Leading up to his hire, several different sources were saying that Reich was "gaining momentum" for the job. That's the sort of thing any one of us could tweet without citing those doing the reporting (or citing a friend of ours) and say "See? I called it!"

If the Panthers missed out on hiring Fangio as defensive coordinator  there are other good candidates available.

Fangio was  just one of three subjects to have interviewed for the opening, along with New York Jets safeties coach Marquand Manuel and New Orleans Saints co-defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

So, it is not like he is the only good offensive coordinator candidate they will have to chose from.

Edited by KatsAzz

I can't be mad at Tepper and co here. They were told Fangio needed to be paid, offered to make him the highest paid DC in the league, he took the offer back to Miami and got them to match. He's gonna spend a few years in South Beach - can't blame him for wanting to do that.

I think either of Richard or Manuel would be good DCs here. I think I'd prefer Richard over Manuel, but wouldn't hate either.

As for OC, I think that one will take some time to play out - think it's going to be someone who's on the Eagles staff, whether that's Brian Johnson, Kevin Patullo, or Jason Michael. 

• Pie 1