• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

Shocker

19 hours ago, panthers55 said:

So I read speculation that he might be worth 5-8  million as a back up on a 1 year deal. What were you thinking is a premium?

He was on IR for most of the season so he isn't exactly in a great negotiating position if he wants to stay here.

I saw $10m somewhere that I've been running with. 5-8m on a one year I'd be good with.

4 hours ago, MechaZain said:

I saw $10m somewhere that I've been running with. 5-8m on a one year I'd be good with.

To me the best way to do it is have a relatively low base pay with lots of incentives if certain goals are achieved. That is fair to both sides. If you play great you get a lot more but if you don't we cut our losses. Guaranteed money which is all they want, actually takes away the incentive to over perform.

• Pie 1

What would it take to convince you Reich's staff should commit to Sam Darnold as their veteran QB next season? 

Surely Reich's staff won't make a decision without doing their own due diligence would they? 

What would that entail?  

Review of Sam's previous games seems like a given of course.  In depth Q/A sessions to test his knowledge, decision making skills and response time?  Actual workouts to test his agility, both mental and physical? What else?

What other tests/research does Reich's staff need to conduct prior to giving Sam Darnold another opportunity to redeem himself?

Or is Sam Darnold a lost cause?

33 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What would it take to convince you Reich's staff should commit to Sam Darnold as their veteran QB next season? 

Surely Reich's staff won't make a decision without doing their own due diligence would they? 

What would that entail?  

Review of Sam's previous games seems like a given of course.  In depth Q/A sessions to test his knowledge, decision making skills and response time?  Actual workouts to test his agility, both mental and physical? What else?

What other tests/research does Reich's staff need to conduct prior to giving Sam Darnold another opportunity to redeem himself?

I don't doubt they'll do their due diligence but it's worth noting that McCown already has arguably a greater knowledge of Darnold than anyone else is going to get watching film.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't doubt they'll do their due diligence but it's worth noting that McCown already has arguably a greater knowledge of Darnold than anyone else is going to get watching film.

Whatever the current coaching staff decides with Sam is fine by me.  I have confidence in this staff to make the correct call.  

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What would that entail?  

I don't think they are allowed to do QA or any testing due to CBA

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Does this restriction apply until 15 March when free agency begins?

I thought I read no workouts or flim stuff until April 1 but maybe that's only under contract?

I think it's stupid that a guy on his own can't go to a coach and ask for help.

• Pie 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, CRA said:

Tampa Bay was a trash team.. 

Ah okay.

Tampa is now a trash team we faced...with one of (if not, the) Greatest QBs in NFL History. 

I guess you got to do what you got to do to support a narrative.  

Great Job Reaction GIF

I just love these types of threads. 

Don't worry, though...The Big Bad Darnold won't be around to "hurt you" anymore. 

Instead, we'll have someone else we'll probably bitch about. 

On 2/9/2023 at 11:28 AM, kungfoodude said:

We have no idea what they will do at this point. Lots of options.

I am not 100% sure if they have even decided to heavily pursue a QB in the draft. That will change your plans dramatically.

Well if they don't pursue a QB, there will be a ton of pissed off Huddlers here.

We need to get started SOMEWHERE as far as going after a Franchise QB.

And the only place to potentially find one is in the Draft, not Free Agency or the Scrap Heap.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:58 PM, Mr. Scot said:

And if I recall (back when I was a Jets fan), Sam had a very good season (for him) with McCown in his ear in 2019(I think).

Once McCown left, so did all the QB Guidance he was getting and was stuck with Adam "QB Whisperer" Gase (Ha!).  

I think Josh may (a big "MAY", though) convince Reich to give Sam a long look before looking at any other available QB's out there.  

It also helps that when Frank watches video of Sam, he will see his old #14 on Sam's back and consider him a "kindred spirit".   🤭

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Ah okay.

Tampa is now a trash team we faced...with one of (if not, the) Greatest QBs in NFL History. 

I guess you got to do what you got to do to support a narrative.  

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/XreQmk7ETCak0/200.gif

I just love these types of threads. 

Don't worry, though...The Big Bad Darnold won't be around to "hurt you" anymore. 

I mean they were a below 500 team. So I would say they were below average. It was a down year for Brady which is probably why he retired.

• Beer 3

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Panthers fans have bitched about every QB. Actually they bitched the loudest about the only MVP in franchise history. What has Darnold accomplished with two teams now? Why does he have such a following? Why so many chances? Other QB's have been long given up on by now.

He'll be 30 and his fanclub will still be saying "but wait...this is the year it's all going to click!"

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

• Flames 1