• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl LVII

Kentucky Panther

8 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m old enough that I actually watched MJ and remember it, and I don’t remember him being whiny. My memory could have some holes you’re right about that, but I don’t recall ever seeing him as whiny. And I don’t mean just asking for calls, Lebron and Brady throw literal temper tantrums.

It’s more of him cursing out the refs because he wanted a call or didn’t like a call. Regardless he stops play, runs to them, and gets in their faces. Back then most players weren’t allowed to do that…

Bad call- good call.... not really the question, although it will be argued for days.

The real issue was the lack of consistency in officiating. Players and coaches look for tendencies in officiating and that tone is typically set within the first quarter. For the most part, the refs were consistent for the huge majority of the game. They weren't an overwhelming part of the game, as many people feared they would be. After all, the SB ref threw more flags this past season than anyone else in the league.

The fact is, that very same call was not made on several other opportunities, so why make it at the end of the game? Consistency. Sure, Bradberry admitted making the play, but he also had the thought it wouldn't get called. Know why? Because it wasn't called on several other occasions.

Consistency.

Oh yeah, the turf sucked and the half time lip sync wasn't very good either. Other than that, the first 58 minutes of the game was pretty good to watch.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Another clear sign you're getting old. Super Bowl halftime performers who have had a career that's relevant during your lifetime.

Everyone wants to talk about how bad the refs are.... how about the idiots who make the entertainment decisions for the half time show? The half time show is to performers as game shows are to washed up actors- it gets them a paycheck.

I have nothing against Rihanna, I don't know her music and it's not something I listen to. But when I saw her on a TV show a couple days ago and she said she hadn't been on a stage in 9 years....

Is it that hard to watch the Grammy Awards, which is the biggest popularity contest for musicians on the planet, and get one of them? Again, not my style, but is it that hard to ask Harry Stiles, Lizzo, Adele, Taylor Swift....?

9 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Everyone wants to talk about how bad the refs are.... how about the idiots who make the entertainment decisions for the half time show? The half time show is to performers as game shows are to washed up actors- it gets them a paycheck.

I have nothing against Rihanna, I don't know her music and it's not something I listen to. But when I saw her on a TV show a couple days ago and she said she hadn't been on a stage in 9 years....

Is it that hard to watch the Grammy Awards, which is the biggest popularity contest for musicians on the planet, and get one of them? Again, not my style, but is it that hard to ask Harry Stiles, Lizzo, Adele, Taylor Swift....?

You're complaining that one of, if not the most, recognized artists of the early 2000's and 2010's, was the Super Bowl halftime performer? She literally had a set list of Billboard No. 1's. She didn't come off the pedestal until she stopped performing to live her life a bit. 

On the refs sucking, Bradberry held Smith-Schuster so badly that they literally couldn't let the call go. If it was close they would've let it play out but Bradyberry was beat and he grabbed on to save a touchdown. He admitted to doing as much.

It was a clean game. Good halftime. We've seen a lot of questionable halftime shows but choosing someone who will end up as an icon of an era is not one of them.

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You're complaining that one of, if not the most, recognized artists of the early 2000's and 2010's, was the Super Bowl halftime performer? She literally had a set list of Billboard No. 1's. She didn't come off the pedestal until she stopped performing to live her life a bit. 

You missed the point entirely. I passed no judgment nor did I "complain."  As I said, I don't listen to her music and I'm not familiar. But doesn't the halftime "entertainment" need to be somewhat relative and relevant to the viewing demographic? The teenagers and 20-somethings who actually care about the halftime show most likely don't even know who she is and missed the better part of her career because they were too young.

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

On the refs sucking, Bradberry held Smith-Schuster so badly that they literally couldn't let the call go. If it was close they would've let it play out but Bradyberry was beat and he grabbed on to save a touchdown. He admitted to doing as much.

Missed the point here as well. Where did I say the refs sucked? I spoke to consistency in officiating. You should probably go read the post again without your emotions coming to the forefront. Especially when you categorize my comments as something completely different than what they are.

I couldn't possibly care less about the halftime performance. Honestly, I think Prince was probably the last one I actually watched and I honestly can't name many other halftime performers. I can't tell you off the top of my head who was last year's performer and this time next year I won't be able to tell you this year's was Rianna's. I'm here for a football game, not the show. The show is for all the folks watching who don't watch football otherwise and are just tuning in for the spectacle of the event.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You missed the point entirely. I passed no judgment nor did I "complain."  As I said, I don't listen to her music and I'm not familiar. But doesn't the halftime "entertainment" need to be somewhat relative and relevant to the viewing demographic? The teenagers and 20-somethings who actually care about the halftime show most likely don't even know who she is and missed the better part of her career because they were too young.

Missed the point here as well. Where did I say the refs sucked? I spoke to consistency in officiating. You should probably go read the post again without your emotions coming to the forefront. Especially when you categorize my comments as something completely different than what they are.

There are more 25 to 50 year Olds watching who know Rhianna than 18 to 24 year Olds. I suppose that's something people in your demographic fail to understand, basic math. A 25 year range, of which there are tens of millions actively watching, versus the few million of 18 to 22 year Olds. 

I hope you're not in marketing because your analysis is very, very poor. I suppose it's become to be expected with the Tik Tok generation though. Thinking they are the only ones to exist and that everything must be catered to their tiny sliver of the culture.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

There are more 25 to 50 year Olds watching who know Rhianna than 18 to 24 year Olds. I suppose that's something people in your demographic fail to understand, basic math. A 25 year range, of which there are tens of millions actively watching, versus the few million of 18 to 22 year Olds. 

I hope you're not in marketing because your analysis is very, very poor. I suppose it's become to be expected with the Tik Tok generation though. Thinking they are the only ones to exist and that everything must be catered to their tiny sliver of the culture.

Any 18-24 yo who doesnt know who Rihanna is has been living under a rock somewhere.