• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The last 7 SuperBowl Champions

ncfan

1 hour ago, PantherKyle said:

Outside of Foles wonky run (following up an MVP season from Wentz, however), you NEED a franchise QB. It's how you win. This isn't 1998.

TRADE UP.

Why trade up? None of those teams had a QB they took with a top 5 pick.

I agree with the premise we have to find a franchise QB. But the lesson from that list is you either 1) Trade for a proven star or 2) get lucky with your pick. Hell, even Mahomes could have been gotten with the #9 pick.

• Pie 2

That’s because the defense gets shafted every year and there is a new rule that benefits the offense each season (as stated by Tepper).

Want to make things fair? Get rid of offensive and defensive holding. Keep Roughing the Passer and Pass Interference. 

Defensive gets to hold these whiny receivers and OL gets to grab pass rushers.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I agree with the premise we have to find a franchise QB. But the lesson from that list is you either 1) Trade for a proven star or 2) get lucky with your pick. Hell, even Mahomes could have been gotten with the #9 pick.

You are right.  We do not need to trade up.  Lets just keep our picks and see how things unfold  in real time

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

The only reason IMO to trade up is you've done all you're scouting and there is one guy that is head and shoulders above everyone else in your book. If it's 50/50 between 2 guys, no need to move unless you're pretty sure they're going to go before your pick. I don't think you move unless you're sure of the skill level of the player you're drafting. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The only reason IMO to trade up is you've done all you're scouting and there is one guy that is head and shoulders above everyone else in your book. If it's 50/50 between 2 guys, no need to move unless you're pretty sure they're going to go before your pick. I don't think you move unless you're sure of the skill level of the player you're drafting. 

I'll be really interested to see what happens.

I will say, and it's a huge caveat to my opinion on this matter, IF we trade up, I'll be very excited. Because if our offensive-minded coach, and our new QB coach see someone they like enough to make that move, it's something to be be thrilled about. This is a new coach and a new regime. If Rhule had done it, I'd hate it, because it would be a move of desperation trying to hit on something, ANYTHING to save his job. And if it didn't work out, the picks he traded away wouldn't matter because he wouldn't be around next season anyway. 

But Frank Reich coming in, he doesn't need to prove anything right away, and losing future picks on a QB who busts would haunt him the rest of his tenure. So if this regime makes the move, it betrays a confidence and certainty in the guy they're going after that any fan would be a fool not to celebrate.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

And then you realize in 2017 the 2022 lowest ranked #16 Chiefs D would be ranked top 10 next to the highest ranked #4 Eagles D.

Rankings and points scored is relative to the field - not to seasons. Rank every team together over the past 7 seasons, then we'll talk.

The defense that gets a top NFL offense to make the most mistakes wins. The offensive game has changed, but the better defense still wins 🏆.  We'd be having 60 and 70 point games if offense won championships. This isn't college.

Turnovers, pressures, QB ToP, and field position are more important to me than yards and fractions of points.

Give me a defense that averages 3 scores or fewer per game and an offense that averages 4 scores or more per game. Rankings don't matter. One year they will be top 10 and the next they will be middle of the pack.

Let's remember the Chiefs don't win the SB without a defensive TD and the defense flipping the field with a 3 and out in the 4th quarter to set up the offense.

Awarding the offense for those defensive points?

• Flames 1