• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade 9 for Fields - straight up?

musicman

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

No. If Fields is on the block, wait like we should have waited for Darnold. No, not saying I wanted Darnold but giving up what was basically a late first for Darnold before they drafted Wilson was dumb. Wait until the Bears draft Young or whoever they like better (only reason he’d be on the block) because Fields will be cheaper then. Kind of like Rosen who was available for peanuts after they drafted Murray. If the Bears draft Young or Stroud, they aren’t going to want Fields there.

Agreed. If it is a scenario that the Bears are shopping him, then you don't spend what he was worth a couple of years ago on him. He's now worth less. 

I believe this will be a moot point and they will stand pat on Fields. 

• Pie 3

I think Fields has a chance to continue to develop but....it's still just a chance. 

If you are going to roll the dice on developing a QB do it where you get the guy for five years.  And with a guy that requires a single draft pick.

I don't blame the draft guys though, we have a storied history of going the retread route.  This year is different, right?    

1 hour ago, Varking said:

1. The Bears aren’t going to trade Fields. 
2. If the Bears were trying to trade Fields I don’t believe a single first rounder is going to do it for a multitude of reasons. The Bears moved up to get him. So they invested multiple picks. He has improved as a passer despite his lack of weapons around him. He has shown he might be the top runner in all of football which will allow him more time to develop as a passer. He got an MVP vote this year. 
3. if we could have Fields going into his year 3 for just the #9 overall pick that would be a steal for us and I’d do it in a heartbeat. 
4. It wouldn’t make sense from a team standpoint for the Bears. Are you a better team with Stroud, Levis, Young or Richardson plus another player at 9 Vs Fields plus all the additional picks you get could for trading down one or two times? 

Does it make sense for us? Yes. Does it make sense for the Bears? No. 

homer simpson episode 21 GIF