• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add Jim Caldwell

ncfan

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think Charles Robinson had an agenda against Tepper?

Okay 😐

I think I can use common sense and not depend on reporters to form my opinions for me.

It becomes easy to continue this narrative that really isn’t born in fact. It becomes low hanging fruit to take shots at a guy when a team has struggled.

Name the most important things to most coaches when looking at a job from what they want out of ownership, pay, job security and leaving them alone on football decisions.  He had pretty much excelled on those facets.

Any qualities he might have that could be difficult to work with are probably pretty far down the list of deciding factors.

Either way, the proof is in the results.

• Pie 1

Just now, AU-panther said:

I think I can use common sense and not depend on reporters to form my opinions for me.

It becomes easy to continue this narrative that really isn’t born in fact. It becomes low hanging fruit to take shots at a guy when a team has struggled.

Name the most important things to most coaches when looking at a job from what they want out of ownership, pay, job security and leaving them alone on football decisions.  He had pretty much excelled on those facets.

Any qualities he might have that could be difficult to work with are probably pretty far down the list of deciding factors.

Either way, the proof is in the results.

I think I can use common sense and listen to people who actually have inside access to those involved over people who are just pulling stuff out of their ass.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

50 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

he reminds me, frightenly of Wentz  

Wentz was the front runner to be MVP but got hurt the year Philly won the Superbowl. I think Wentz has the physical ability to be a franchise QB but I heard that his confidence was shot and he didn't take very well to hard coaching. If Levis can give us good Wentz, I'll take. 

9 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Wentz was the front runner to be MVP but got hurt the year Philly won the Superbowl. I think Wentz has the physical ability to be a franchise QB but I heard that his confidence was shot and he didn't take very well to hard coaching. If Levis can give us good Wentz, I'll take. 

Wentz had 33 TDs and 7 ints in only 13 games that year

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Best odds right now would be either Thomas Brown or Jim Bob Cooter.

That said, the team has done such a crazy job of keeping things quiet, who knows at this point?

I think it’s brown. 

the only other job he interviewed twice for (we know about) was TB and that seems to be a ship sinking before it leaves the harbor. 

• Pie 1