• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can't believe the amount of people who actually want to sign him.

Like what happened to the franchise QB talk for the last 3 years...

Im seeing people say they rather have a 32 year old Derek Carr over a 26 year old former MVP candidate Lamar Jackson.lmao

Apples and oranges.

I am not a fan of bringing in Carr, but you do not sell the farm for Jackson if you do not think he is the guy--even if he did get nominated for an award that one time.  Ask fans in Denver how that kind of thinking and $$$ is working out. 

What is Jackson going to cost the franchise?  A "windfall" of picks, or they will franchise him.  What is Carr going to cost?  Zilch.  Apples and Oranges.  You are suggesting that the Panthers form the best QB coaching staff in the NFL and bring in an establish vet with a playing style that nullifies their expertise?  I just do not see it.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I feel like a lot of people pooing on Carr haven't watched him play.  I have since college and he is an elite QB.  The Raiders are a trainwreck organization.

"Elite" seems over the top. He's good; sometimes very good, but not consistent enough to be elite. But you're not wrong about the Raiders organization.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Maybe not to you but reports from his now former team indicate he wants a full commitment. If there's any chance at all he would take offense to us still taking a QB at 9 he can fug off and fleece some other team.

You seem to know a lot about what Carr, his agent and the Panthers front office are thinking and discussing.  

D4A2B869-6A38-4622-B405-AE3FF6FE9AFF.jpeg

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

If they’re in that position again

they’re 10000% trading Fields and drafting Drake or Caleb.  Same way Jets did Darnold for Zach Wilson.

And herein lies the risk for going all in to trade up for Young or Stroud.  The draft capital destroyed by the Jets, and they were still in QB hell afterwards.

• Pie 1

Getting Carr defeats the purpose of the staff we put together in my opinion. We invested in a staff that can build and develop a more polished QB quickly with a higher ceiling than Carr. One we can benefit from being on a rookie deal for 5 years. We built this staff for the Young/Stroud/Williams/Maye’s of the world. We just have to remain disciplined as we try to get one.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

And herein lies the risk for going all in to trade up for Young or Stroud.  The draft capital destroyed by the Jets, and they were still in QB hell afterwards.

At least they’re making swings

ask the Vikings fans how it feels to tie themselves  off to a Kirk Cousins mid level ceiling

12 minutes ago, Monty83 said:

Getting Carr defeats the purpose of the staff we put together in my opinion. We invested in a staff that can build and develop a more polished QB quickly with a higher ceiling than Carr. One we can benefit from being on a rookie deal for 5 years. We built this staff for the Young/Stroud/Williams/Maye’s of the world. We just have to remain disciplined as we try to get one.

Or, from Carr's perspective:

Going to Carolina defeats the purpose of me wanting a change. The team has been in the midst of an identity crisis for a few years, has bounced thru QBs like nobody else and now has a new coaching staff that will take 1, maybe 2 seasons to get it right in Charlotte. I'm 31 years old and I have 5-6 productive years left in me. Not sure I can afford to wait for the coaching staff to build a team, a culture and an identity around me.

There’s a degree of Matthew Stafford to this situation with Carr. He’s had an awful, awful situation to work from his entire career. He’s had some weapons but his line has always been fairly weak. The Raiders in modern times are one of the worst managed franchises not named Browns or Lions. The Raiders are still playing old style ball and trying for chunk plays instead of moving the ball methodically with makeable throws. Get Carr back up to 70% and he will be more than enough. What we do need is a big TE acquisition and to invest into some speed for our RB and WR vacancies. Our defense is very close to ready to compete. Carr being 32 is not a death sentence. He could have 4 or 5 good years. I think he’s going to want a prove it deal with loads of incentives. Should be interesting to watch. I don’t know how anyone can look at the teams on his list and think anyone but this team is the better situation. Our line has been on the upswing. 

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, tecc86 said:

Your post is lazy

Reich would be the reason, not Tepper

Why the personal attack ??    ( " your post is lazy " ) state your reason..  even back up why you think this..   but personal attacks are so unnecessary  ..

I don't believe Jon Snow's post is accurate, but I won't attack him personally. I believe it's more Rhule than Tepper.  I think Tepper wants to win..  and if he hires Rhule, he's going to give the Rhule what he wants. Right or wrong, ( In the Rhule case it was very wrong )  Tepper wasn't picking these players..  the coaches GM come to him to sign him etc.

I still want Reich picking the QB over Tepper,,  but I want Tepper to sign off on what coaches and GM want.. If they suck,  fire 'em 

16 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Or, from Carr's perspective:

Going to Carolina defeats the purpose of me wanting a change. The team has been in the midst of an identity crisis for a few years, has bounced thru QBs like nobody else and now has a new coaching staff that will take 1, maybe 2 seasons to get it right in Charlotte. I'm 31 years old and I have 5-6 productive years left in me. Not sure I can afford to wait for the coaching staff to build a team, a culture and an identity around me./?

So what team does he sign with? What team is anymore ready then the Panthers to win now? Winnable division, and we have a good core of players. 

19 minutes ago, ncfan said:

At least they’re making swings

ask the Vikings fans how it feels to tie themselves  off to a Kirk Cousins mid level ceiling

So did the 49ers (Lance) and Bears (Fields), and the jury is still out on Fields. Mega trade ups are high risk, high reward… if you get it right.  

But it really doesn’t matter what you or I think.  It only matters what the Panthers front office thinks about the risk/reward trade off in the upcoming draft.

I will give you this.  I have more confidence in the new coaching staff to successfully develop whatever QB is taken, in whatever round they select him so, there is some risk reduction in a trade up this year compared to the Rhule years.  [Almost made me gag to mention his name.]