• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm getting the feeling that this may be how it shakes out in the end.

Me too.  The fanbase needs some excitement honestly.  New coaching staff is a good start, but bringing in Carr at a fair price will give a nice jolt.  He's not a top 5 QB but people comparing him to Darnold or Baker are just crazy.  

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, NAS said:

Even if it made sense for the Panthers, I don't think Carr chose to be a free agent to sign a 2 year bridge QB deal.  He will have other suiters for a bigger deal.

Not arguing, just saying that we don't really know what Carr wants.

This is a good coaching staff, a terrible division, and we are in the NFC...very few top end QB's right now.

In his shoes, I'm actually looking for a short deal, I'd want to hit the market again prior to 34.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Me too.  The fanbase needs some excitement honestly.  New coaching staff is a good start, but bringing in Carr at a fair price will give a nice jolt.  He's not a top 5 QB but people comparing him to Darnold or Baker are just crazy.  

It's hard to get a guage on what Fitterer has planned for the position.  I hesitate to think that Carr really changes anything they have/had planned but ya never know.  He he's definitely been better than anyone we've had since Cam. If it happens I think the contract he's given will tell us a lot about how long they think they will need for these rookies I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

My thoughts exactly.  We need to get a rook/young guy, but the team needs to start winning, and fast.

With this offensive staff, and if we can just get a piece or two more on offense, Carr would take us to the playoffs in year 1.  We need that.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

I think it depends on traction for AROD to LV. If say GB has that pick, I think they’ll be wanting just whatever premium talent they can get. I really think we organically end up with stroud if HOU falls in love with Levis. It’s gonna be a fun off season.

If he does, it will be interesting to see what Adams thinks since he made the decision to not play with Rodgers. I'm not so sure the reunion would be a welcome one. 

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

People are comparing Carr to Darnold and Mayfield? 😳

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

People label any QB on their second team as a “retread” unless they are a hall of fame type guy. 

They treat them all the same lol. 

Lamar Jackson shouldn't even be on this list. 

Lamar talk is just talk on this sub. Ravens have not put him on the trade block as of yet. I think they cave in and offer him more guaranteed money at the end of the day.

Aaron Rodgers is more likely to happen if we trade for a QB.

Not sure if Rodgers would mind coming here but he would be the dream scenario if we can't get a QB in the draft.

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar Jackson shouldn't even be on this list. 

Lamar talk is just talk on this sub. Ravens have not put him on the trade block as of yet. I think they cave in and offer him more guaranteed money at the end of the day.

Aaron Rodgers is more likely to happen if we trade for a QB.

Not sure if Rodgers would mind coming here but he would be the dream scenario if we can't get a QB in the draft.

Don't think Bal values Lamar as much as Lamar values Lamar.

The Ravens have been a consistent winning team for 20 years, they were winning before Jackson, and if he's going to cost too much, they will move on and keep on winning.

The very rare team that is good with and without great QB play.

• Beer 1

Is there an option where we absolutely grab a QB, but if we miss on Stroud at 1.09 we take best player available and get another QB in a later round?

Opinion: No doubt we need to add a young QB to develop (along with Matt C.) in this system with all this coaching everyones hyped on, but does it have to be QB at 1.09 or higher at all costs? If BPA is a QB fine, but lets not box ourselves in lads!