• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 CJ Trade

razorwolf

Just a question to anyone. 

I’ve read different places about what the colts would probably have to give up to move to #1 (23: 1st, 2nd, 5th; 24: 1st), but I figure the bears are going to want more draft capital than that! But if the bears would accept a offer of that magnitude I’d think I’d be willing to give up (2) 1st (23’ & 24’), 2nd (62), and 5th (148) to move up to #1! What is your opinion on this scenario?

5 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

Okay I just wanted to hear other’s opinions. I don’t know about trading up, and then if the guy we want is gone then try to trade with another team back to later pick to regain draft capital.

Trading up without knowing your guy is certain to be there is not realistic.  If you get stuck there after giving up a ton of picks without getting your guy will get everyone fired.

• Pie 1

This comes down to what you think of our scouts and Fitt. When Fitt sat down with his scouts to discuss Sam Darnold they talked him up like he could be our long term answer at QB, and then Fitt picked up Sam's 5th year option. They lost their credibility in evaluating QBs the moment Sam came out of the tunnel and pooped the bed. 

At this point we obviously are going to continue to rely on Fitt and our scouts rather than firing them, but i don't want them using extra ammo to trade up for a QB. We need our 2024 first round pick in case their QB selection in 2023 is poop. Also, Frank brought in QBs to the Colts and they pooped the bed as well, so no extra ammo for Frank either.

The smart play is to stay put and see which QB falls to the 9th pick. If no one does, then Corral starts, or go get a vet. If Corral poops the bed, then Fitt needs to go, and the scouts with him who were wanting Corral. Then in 2024 you have a new GM and scouts pick a new QB in the first round if possible.

Letting Fitt panic and throw away multiple high draft picks on a QB who he isn't qualified to evaluate is madness. Fitt doesn't have the credibility. His decisions point to him being unqualified to evaluate veteran and college QBs, and his scouts as well. Putting this on Rhule is a cop out. 

The way I look at this situation is that Fitt will select one more QB, and that is his last shot. I want that last shot to be one 1st round pick, and nothing more. The 2024 and 2025 high draft picks need to be protected.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

2 firsts and then filler picks I would do, but I think we will be asked to bend over farther than that.

I could live with that if you were pretty sure you were actually going to get a franchise QB.

We'd be basically swapping picks in round one.

We'd lose a #2, but we actually have an extra one b/c of the Christian trade to SF. They'd probably insist on the higher of the two.

We'd lose Our 5th round pick, which is our lowest pick in the draft.

We'd lose our #1 for next year. All the other picks would remain for 2024 and our portion of the deal would be complete.

I could like with that if we absolutely knew had a franchise guy headed our way.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

This comes down to what you think of our scouts and Fitt. When Fitt sat down with his scouts to discuss Sam Darnold they talked him up like he could be our long term answer at QB, and then Fitt picked up Sam's 5th year option. They lost their credibility in evaluating QBs the moment Sam came out of the tunnel and pooped the bed. 

At this point we obviously are going to continue to rely on Fitt and our scouts rather than firing them, but i don't want them using extra ammo to trade up for a QB. We need our 2024 first round pick in case their QB selection in 2023 is poop. Also, Frank brought in QBs to the Colts and they pooped the bed as well, so no extra ammo for Frank either.

The smart play is to stay put and see which QB falls to the 9th pick. If no one does, then Corral starts, or go get a vet. If Corral poops the bed, then Fitt needs to go, and the scouts with him who were wanting Corral. Then in 2024 you have a new GM and scouts pick a new QB in the first round if possible.

Letting Fitt panic and throw away multiple high draft picks on a QB who he isn't qualified to evaluate is madness. Fitt doesn't have the credibility. His decisions point to him being unqualified to evaluate veteran and college QBs, and his scouts as well. Putting this on Rhule is a cop out. 

The way I look at this situation is that Fitt will select one more QB, and that is his last shot. I want that last shot to be one 1st round pick, and nothing more. The 2024 and 2025 high draft picks need to be protected.

Was the scouting revamp before or after the Darnold trade? I don't remember.

Just now, Luciu5 said:

Was the scouting revamp before or after the Darnold trade? I don't remember.

If we have new scouts, then I wouldn't be as opposed to trading up. Then again, Corral looked like a complete dumpster fire from what I saw in preseason. New scouts would make me feel better though.

If you are confident in our staff

and our staff likes him (including the guy who will be his position coach and been around the league a bit, comparing him to Joe Burrow)

then the 3 1sts plus some to move up for him is worth it.

QB is the most important position in All of sports.  And if you get a good one on a rookie deal.  It’s worth it’s weight in gold.

• Pie 2