• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have our coaches. What schemes will we run?

Cam's New Arm

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Asking the wrong person im not a football nerd I don't study coaches and their schemes.

Just give me Stroud or Young. Fallback is Levis/AR. I don't care just no more bridge QB's please!

This star studded staff wont be in place long enough...need a bridge ,as you call it, if we want to win now with this staff

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Cam's New Arm said:

Thank you for using your imagination today.
Who do you want in the draft? Who do you think would best suit Frank's past team schemes with the O-line and players we have? What about defense? We pretty much have all of the D coordinators.

If the Bears really are crazy and want to trade Fields then let’s get him. If not, move to 1 or 3 and get Stroud or Young. If not them then sign Carr. I don’t give a poo honestly. Just get a good QB for fugs sake!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I would like us to run an aggressive scheme with lots of blitzing and misdirection. It could be a Jim Johnson style 4-3  or a Dick Lebeau 3-4 as long as we don't sit back passively and let teams march down the field as we bend until we break.

I think there is 1 thing that is for sure…we’re going to be extremely smart, extremely well coached, and extremely aggressive on both sides of the ball. I have not been so excited for a season maybe ever, and we don’t even have a QB and haven’t had the draft and free agency yet. This is an absolutely legendary coaching staff being built 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Hard to say for offense but I would bet defense is going to be 3-4 with a 2 high shell like Denver last year. So be prepared for a FS addition that can actually cover and Chinn going to some type of slot role.

We just got an OLB coach so yeah 3-4 is gonna be a thing. And yeah Chinn was obviously wasted talent the last 2 years 

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Who cares? These cats can run anything they want to run. Hell they can make up something you've never seen before.  Don't sweat the small stuff. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly dude act like we coaching lol. I don't follow these coaches to know what schemes they run. Let them figure that out.

I just thought it'd be a fun discussion? I'm sorry for trying to provide something to talk about on a message board.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, heel31ok said:

This star studded staff wont be in place long enough...need a bridge ,as you call it, if we want to win now with this staff

I think it’s the perfect staff to develop a young signal caller. I’m not ruling out a bridge QB, but it looks like they are getting ready to draft one to me. Who knows maybe it’s both?

7 hours ago, Cam's New Arm said:

I just thought it'd be a fun discussion? I'm sorry for trying to provide something to talk about on a message board.

Post away man. No disrespect intended.  Just saying that it will not matter much with this staff. They will be well versed in many different schemes that there will not be a set approach. The schemes will be an opponent specific approach for that game. Just enjoy the forest being assembled and try not to focus so much on a couple of trees.

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I would like us to run an aggressive scheme with lots of blitzing and misdirection. It could be a Jim Johnson style 4-3  or a Dick Lebeau 3-4 as long as we don't sit back passively and let teams march down the field as we bend until we break.

Vic Fangio style 3-4

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think it’s the perfect staff to develop a young signal caller. I’m not ruling out a bridge QB, but it looks like they are getting ready to draft one to me. Who knows maybe it’s both?

Well, if you want to develop minority coaches on the offensive side of the ball to become head coaches you've got to start somewhere.  The Panthers are doing just that. If someone is complaining about that then they are complaining just to complain.