• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay seems to really like Anthony Richardson

Dorian Gray

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a news item that should be scary to fans of good quarterback play...

Lottery mentality? Oh hell, no! 🤬

To be clear, I kind of doubt our team would take that approach. But the idea that any professional team eould take this sort of attitude is just terrible.

With the rookie contract I think it’s a good philosophy if all the qbs in the draft are gambles.   Why not take the biggest shot?

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

With the rookie contract I think it’s a good philosophy if all the qbs in the draft are gambles.   Why not take the biggest shot?

For the same reason that you work hard and try to build financial security rather than betting your future on buying lottery tickets.

I don't want our team just throwing darts at a board thinking "hell, maybe this guy will be good". I want them doing their homework, scouting him, interviewing him and making smart choices when it comes time to turn in their pick.

And thankfully, with the coaching staff and braintrust that we have now, that's exactly what I expect them to do.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

But Hurts is a much, much better passer than AR. Look, if you can get the kid in the 3rd ... awesome. Using your first round pick on someone who is a massive project is insane. And where does this "most athletically gifted" BS come from? How can thay even be judged? The old eyeball test?

I don't see Stroud, Young or Levis running for an 80 yard TD against LSU. 

You're got a serious hate boner against him, and I respect that, but please. 

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

But Hurts is a much, much better passer than AR. Look, if you can get the kid in the 3rd ... awesome. Using your first round pick on someone who is a massive project is insane. And where does this "most athletically gifted" BS come from? How can thay even be judged? The old eyeball test?

Who do you want as QB for the Panthers?

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He always was. 

Speak for yourself.

Nobody wants the plan B QB.

Jets put this man on hold to wait for a QB that might retire.lol

What is the goal with Carr make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st rd for the next 3 years? I don't want that. I want a QB we can develop into a franchise QB and build towards a SB or just give me a true franchise QB Lamar or Rodgers.

I guess some of us fans are comfortable with just being good. I want a SB I don't want to watch my team just be good. You play this game to win SB's. How can you watch Derek Carr for 9 years and think that man will take this roster anywhere close to a SB?

Speak for yourself Carr is the worst option in my opinion.

• Poo 2

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Carr is boom or bust like Cutler and he's 32 years old. You don't tie up 30+ million a year in that kind of a risk after you've already traded for Darnold and Mayfield. Be realistic people. The draft is the only path forward.

I’ll trust whatever decision our coaches make.