• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Wilson vs Carroll

Mr. Scot

For those who hadn't seen this in the "Around the League" thread...

I feel pretty comfortable saying this is going to be a big deal in the sports talk room for the next little bit 😕

Some additional background can be found in another story from The Athletic staff about Wilson's first year in Denver.

From the article...

Convinced that Carroll and Schneider were inhibiting his quest to win additional Super Bowls and individual awards, Wilson asked Seahawks ownership to fire both of them, according to league sources who spoke to The Athletic on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the details. Wilson also had a preferred replacement in mind: Sean Payton, who had recently stepped down from the New Orleans Saints.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

He has already put out a statement denying that he wanted Carroll or Schneider fired.

He would, but The Athletic interviewed over a dozen people as part of this story.

I'd add that while that one detail is likely what everyone is most interested in, it's far from the whole story. Last season in Denver was nuts 😆

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Sounds like Wilson has a case of Napoleon complex... I've always hated him and figured he was a big phony. I think he is proving me more and more right each passing day.

I've seen a lot of people put that label on Wilson.

I get it, but I think the reality might be that he's just kinda weird 😳

A lot of his persona can be traced to a positive thinking guru named Trevor Moawad. Wilson has described Moawad as his "best friend" and credited him for a lot of his success.

(for the record, Moawad passed away last year from a brain tumor; people who know Wilson say that had a huge effect on him)

I've read a little about Moawad and a lot of his ideas boil down to the notion that you can prevent anything negative from affecting you by basically just denying it or not acknowledging it. That kind of thinking sure does sound a lot like Wilson.

(pretty sure Scientology has some similar tenets, for what it's worth)

Before he died, Moawad had gained a number of famous clients including other NFL players and NFL adjacent guys like Ryan Leaf. As far as I know though, Wilson was his most famous acolyte.

Payton and Wilson being a disaster in Denver would be a dream come true, but when it comes to sports, the more I dislike a team, the better they get. So wager on multiple Super Bowls.

Also, anyone who actually paid their own hard earned cash for any merchandise that read "Let Russ Cook!" should be sterilized.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 4