• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent chatter

Mr. Scot

Hopefully the Panthers brain trust is collectively taking note of all the available free agents that can help. I hope before long we will announce that Bozeman has been locked up. I really don’t expect any signings until we resolve his status, sounds like he could help. Also, a decision for sure on a quarterback and how much to spend. just my humble opinion. 

Safety could be tricky given Jeremy Chinn's presence. If we spend even remotely big on a safety it's probably a good indicator that Chinn will be playing more linebacker this year.

Which is interesting since it's tough to find an obvious fit for him in our new scheme. He's not really an edge rusher but is also undersized for a 3-4 inside 'backer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I do think we need to go FS in FA. I'm not big on this year's FS draft class. Seems like there's a lot more SS types in this class.

Same here. And JJ III has a background with our new DC and DB coach which gives us a player familiar with this 3-4 scheme. Makes sense all around.

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

All I know is we need to release Jeremy Chinn to play much closer to the line so he can be "that guy" we all saw in his rookie season.  He was electric.

I am anxious to see how the plan on using Chinn. This two deep coverage scheme talk makes me nervous. If we want to run a two deep shell then Chinn either needs to be playing LB or traded.

• Beer 2