• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guess which QB calls himself Cam Jackson?

top dawg

Pretty obvious, right?  

Credit Anthony Rizzuti of bringing Cam Jackson to our attention (a.k.a. Anthony Richardson)

“I started calling myself Cam Jackson in 11th grade,” he said. “Just trying to make big plays, just like Cam Newton and Lamar Jackson.”

CJ met with the Panthers a couple of days ago.

"General manager Scott Fitterer also had a positive review about the meeting, stating on Wednesday that Richardson was 'really good' and is 'much further ahead mentally' in terms of processing than some may believe."

Of course the processing part is positive spin, but I'm really concerned about his accuracy and actual mental progressions when the pressure is on in the pocket. Cam Jackson will have to step up his game to be in the same conversation as Newton and Lamar. 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/03/nfl-draft-combine-anthony-richardson-cam-newton-lamar-jackson-panthers/

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Future of the Funchise said:

representation is amazing. im so glad that most of the stigma of the black qb has be wiped away. hearing someone talk about how one is "smart" instead of "athletic" blows my mind.

CJ Stroud just said he looked up to Vick and Watson. 

It’s a beautiful thing.

• Pie 3

Just now, AggieLean said:

CJ Stroud just said he looked up to Vick and Watson. 

It’s a beautiful thing.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

That's a pretty odd choice of role models considering what they are largely known for. I am sure he didn't mean anything other than their play on the field but I probably wouldn't have said that in the modern era.

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's a pretty odd choice of role models considering what they are largely known for. I am sure he didn't mean anything other than their play on the field but I probably wouldn't have said that in the modern era.

Agreed. Hopefully most level headed folks won’t judge a 20 year old on comments such as this. 

Rational minded people will wait till he’s in his 40s and running for public office and then hold it against him.  

• Flames 3

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

With Vick, im sure it’s largely due to his play but Vick is a redemption story that quite a few look up to. Got his 2nd chance and ran with it. Been a model citizen, so I don’t see any wrong in having Vick as a role model.

Watson is probably for his play. He was an elite QB, and has a chance to get back there.

• Beer 1

I like Anthony Richardson. But I'm super realistic about him. Tape dont lie. Crazy athletic... but didnt throw the ball enough for us to know anything about him. I wouldn't trade up for him. If he falls to 9 and I have a veteran QB AND Matt Corral, I take him. If I'm gonna be critical of Will Levis' tape, I gotta be honest about AR15. 

The comparisons to Cam Newton have to stop. Cam threw the ball much more in college was ready to assume starting QB responsibilities week one. 

32 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I thought of all the QB podium interviews he sounded least like an arrogant POS and more mature than Stroud, Levis, and Young. 

Who was the poster who said he wasn't a leader because of his public speaking abilities?

Man I swear some people just need to grow up...