• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team?

CamWhoaaCam

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Last year was a pretty widely panned QB class with many not even having a first round grade on a QB. Comparing that to this year in any way is just asinine.

But he was not comparing the QB classes--he was making a statement about the immediate player inflation that goes along with fans' ratings following the combine.  I see the point, and I agree that this year is very different.

My opinion for our situation would be push to get to 1 this week and plan to take Stroud/Young. Having a rookie who is ready to play immediately in our plans like either of them helps immensely as free agency kicks off. Would allow us to sign a vet backup presence more so than an every week stater we’d want for an ARich, and that would allow us to push more money to other spots like TE, DL, Secondary that’ll help us win right away.

I personally think at the rate the rest of our division is going we’d host a playoff game year one with either of them which makes the trade easier to stomach.

Young or Syroud are the only 2 I care to move up for. I'm definitely trying to get to #1 to get my guy. If the price is just to steep, then I watch what happens at #1 and #2

It's possible a team like Indy or Seattle fall in love with AR and move to #1 to get him, Seattle has Geno who is the perfect bridge to allow AR to ait and learn. 

If that doesn't happen, it's possible that Houston falls on love with AR and grabs him up. What if Houston and their defensive minded HC Ryans wants Anderson or Carter to build his defense around? They might look QB at pick 12 or move up a few spots from 12. Could grab Ryans a defensive stud and a QB.

If we can't get to #1, and anything like this happens, you go to #3 and get Young or Stroud. 

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Trading to 1 and any variation of “safe” shouldn’t be in the same sentence. 

Well staying put at 9 is technically playing it safe as well which is what we have done all the way up till now and it hasn't got us anywhere. Stroud has all the tools of being a legit franchise QB, at Worst he is a solid QB in the league. Hard to look at him and say he is gonna be a bust, so thats why i say he is safe.

• Pie 1

It's risky as hell, but it's probably happening. At the same time, you just hired a staff that includes Reich, McCown, Caldwell, etc. 

If that room of coaches can't identify talent that they feel a conviction about, then we're more fuged than whatever the trade package ends up costing us. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

My opinion for our situation would be push to get to 1 this week and plan to take Stroud/Young. Having a rookie who is ready to play immediately in our plans like either of them helps immensely as free agency kicks off. Would allow us to sign a vet backup presence more so than an every week stater we’d want for an ARich, and that would allow us to push more money to other spots like TE, DL, Secondary that’ll help us win right away.

I personally think at the rate the rest of our division is going we’d host a playoff game year one with either of them which makes the trade easier to stomach.

The state of our division certainly makes a bold move more appealing. The next team in this division to land a legit QB is setup to own the division for the foreseeable future.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

No need to trade up if you're not going to get your guy. Moving to one is the only way to guarantee you get who you want, and if it's who you want then one more first is worth it.

Yep. 

‘ no risk it, no biscuit’. B Arians 

cost is in the eye of the beholder in the nfl draft but one thing is certain these days, with the rules geared to offense, a good to great QB can hide a whole lot of holes