• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team?

CamWhoaaCam

3 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

It's risky as hell, but it's probably happening. At the same time, you just hired a staff that includes Reich, McCown, Caldwell, etc. 

If that room of coaches can't identify talent that they feel a conviction about, then we're more fuged than whatever the trade package ends up costing us. 

Exactly right 

Here's how I see it playing out...

Chicago trades back first with Houston and then with Indy.

The Panthers trade with Arizona.

So, the draft order becomes Houston, Indy, Carolina, Chicago. Each team gets what they want and Chicago walks away with a boatload of future picks.

"Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team? "

Are you kidding me ??    Since when has there ever been a "WE ALL AGREE  "  on any message board.

AND NOOOOOOOOOO ..  I don't want to trade up.  Stay at 9 and draft responsibly .  LOOK AT ALL THE EARLY FIRST ROUND QB's  that just don't come close to making it.  I want a QB , but there are no generational QB's in this draft. Could any become Hall of Famers, YES, but too much draft capital would be spent guessing which one. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

It’s being said that the price will be 

9th overall

2nd Round Pick

2024 1st

2025 1st

That’s a lot of capital for a guy who might pull a Zach Wilson. Then how you gonna draft and develop cause your shits gone. They will go sign more FA QBs and the huddle with bitch for another 10 years.

Cause they have like 85 million next year 

9 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Cause they have like 85 million next year 

And we’re still 14th in the nfl in that department. These draft picks matter. Why are we predetermined to throw these picks away? We should all agree that sitting at 9 is optimal (look how the nfl treated Fields) and letting the board naturally fall.

After sleeping on it. I think trading for #1 may be the best option.

At the end of the day Stroud is a elite passer. He gets the ball to his WR's. I think the AR hype if great and all but there is still a gamble with him. Bryce is good but his size is a huge concern.

Im still sticking with Stroud as my top QB. If we want him we probably have to go all in for #1. After sleeping on it freak those picks! Go get our franchise QB with the #1 pick. It's time Carolina gets another game changing QB in this league.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

After sleeping on it. I think trading for #1 may be the best option.

At the end of the day Stroud is a elite passer. He gets the ball to his WR's. I think the AR hype if great and all but there is still a gamble with him. Bryce is good but his size is a huge concern.

Im still sticking with Stroud as my top QB. If we want him we probably have to go all in for #1. After sleeping on it freak those picks! Go get our franchise QB with the #1 pick. It's time Carolina gets another game changing QB in this league.

3 firsts and a 2nd

or #9 and burns

I would pray to sweet baby Jesus that that take #9 and burns for 1.  thats a fair trade and solves 2 sets of problems for them as they will still get the best olineman in the draft and adds immediate already developed pass rushing

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

3 firsts and a 2nd

or #9 and burns

I would pray to sweet baby Jesus that that take #9 and burns for 1.  thats a fair trade and solves 2 sets of problems for them as they will still get the best olineman in the draft and adds immediate already developed pass rushing

Honestly I rather keep Burns if we can. Pass rushers are the 2nd most important position in football. You need guys who can get after the QB.

I would bite the bullet and give up the extra 1st.

We at least know we have a stable core moving forward. Remove Burns and our defense just isn't what it was. We we have no pass rush.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Honestly I rather keep Burns if we can. Pass rushers are the 2nd most important position in football. You need guys who can get after the QB.

I would bite the bullet and give up the extra 1st.

We at least know we have a stable core moving forward. Remove Burns and our defense just isn't what it was. We we have no pass rush.

it would be 2 more firsts and we wasted the bulk of his rookie deal simply by not having a qb