• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which side of the fence are you on.... sell the farm to move up to #3 or sit tight at 9?

TheBigKat

Which side of the fence are you on? Sell the farm to move up to #3 or sit tight at #9?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Move to 3 or not

If there's a QB that the team loves still on the board at #3 then they've at least got to pick up the phone and see if something reasonable can be worked out. It has to be the guy though. Like, you're willing to bet your job him already type of belief in them.

Otherwise, sit tight at #9 and see what's available.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

You don't trade to 3 and hope your guy will be there.  You trade up to 3 during the draft if your guy is there.  

If you have three QBs you like and don’t want to get poached it’s a good idea

If we're selling the farm, then we might as well sell the farm and go to #1 and get the guy we want for sure.

If we want Bryce go to #1, if we want Richardson I think #3 will be fine.

Obviously a trade to 3 only really happens during the draft

Edited by tecc86

Things on the ground has changed and ppl need to recognize this fact.. 

QB needy teams have increased not decreased.. 

The FA crop is a guy in a dark room Derrick Carr and half of the Panthers starting QB’s since 2019…

None of the Draftable  QB hurt their stock but have increased it.. 

This is become a game of musical chairs and the less aggressive teams will end up without a seat..

• Pie 1

I am at the mercy of the coaching staff and am willing to accept what they decide is right.  Unlike previous years where Rhule was both the man in charge and the squeaky wheel, I am comfortable with the people in the room arriving at a rational decision.

I want a QB, would ideally like to move up and will be disappointed if we don't move up to get one.  But the question is, does the staff value a QB enough to move up to get him.   If they evaluate and consider the guys kinda meh, then I think I will understand albeit with a hefty amount of frustration.  

Yeah but since 2004 how many times has all 4 QBs been long term starters? Usually 1 good one per draft, 1 okay one, and 2 life long back ups. 

If you’re selling the farm you better make sure it’s for the guy you know will pan out or you’ve managed to poo yourself out of a ton of draft room and likely got your HC and/or GM fired.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Yeah but since 2004 how many times has all 4 QBs been long term starters? Usually 1 good one per draft, 1 okay one, and 2 life long back ups. 

If you’re selling the farm you better make sure it’s for the guy you know will pan out or you’ve managed to poo yourself out of a ton of draft room and likely got your HC and/or GM fired.

FEF9AD7B-D7CB-4854-BCED-840116D41B5D.jpeg

You cannot sit on your hands at the position anymore, move up and get one of the three guys we know they like. You might get lucky like you did with Ekwonu and your favorite falls into your hands. Need to find the answer sooner rather than later. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1