• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prediction: Panthers get #3 pick before the draft, still will get #1 pick during draft.

thunderraiden

Cost to get #1 pick from #9: 3 first

Cost to get #3 pick: 2 2nd's and our first this year and prob a little more. but no first round pick

Cost to get #1 pick from #3 pick: 1 first and #3 pick

No one is talking about this, getting the #3 pick gets us the most leverage, even if Chicago wants to play hardball we can tell them to kick rocks we'll take any of the top 3.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Cost to get #3 pick: 2 2nd's and our first this year and prob a little more. but no first round pick

No one is talking about this, getting the #3 pick gets us the most leverage, even if Chicago wants to play hardball we can tell them to kick rocks we'll take any of the top 3.

Chicago has all the leverage.  Pretending us moving to #3 somehow puts them behind the 8ball is ridiculous.  Did you happen to think at that point any team behind #3 will have to anti up more and they can take other trade offers and tell us to kick rocks?

7 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Zona is gonna want next years first…sorry

Indy or Detroit will end up with #1.

Remember, Detroit has two first rounders this year. One top 10 and one top 20. The second 1st this year is worth more than a future first.

Indy wants Young in the worst way. 

7 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s what I think will happen. We’ll give #9, next years first and maybe the 49ers’ second to get to 3, then trade 2024 2nd and 2025 first to Chicago to get to 1. And I’m absolutely good with that for Stroud. 

Absolutely not...

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Just a guess but I think the panthers just go for it right away, and soon

its a big splashy move and tepper would love the weeks of attention 

Season 6 Ben GIF by Parks and Recreation

if they know who they want and want to make absolutely sure they get him, it won't take much to get the green light from the big boss man. they sell him on a star QB and he's going to ok anything they feel they need to do to get him. no more tepid tepper like we saw with him trying to get stafford.

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s what I think will happen. We’ll give #9, next years first and maybe the 49ers’ second to get to 3, then trade 2024 2nd and 2025 first to Chicago to get to 1. And I’m absolutely good with that for Stroud. 

Why not just often the entire haul from the beginning, if they think moving up from ninth the third they can always offer the same deal themselves (not that i see any non QB at three worth it).

35 minutes ago, Thorrez said:

Why not just often the entire haul from the beginning, if they think moving up from ninth the third they can always offer the same deal themselves (not that i see any non QB at three worth it).

The only reason would be Chicago not wanting to drop that far because they don’t want to miss out on their choice of defensive player and doing it that way makes it more certain for them. They might hesitate if they have to assume they’ll have to make another trade to get what they want. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

9 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That appears to be giving up more to move up and it doesn't benefit the Bears as they get less picks.