• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not impossible but I struggle to see it because I remember how pedestrian he looked at VT when he wasn't playing in that Tennessee offense. Did he pull a Hurts and improve tremendously in a different setting? Maybe. But I honestly doubt it. IMO he's a 3rd round talent.

Only because he got hurt. If he didn't get hurt he would be right in the first round QB talks. 

Just now, Shocker said:

Man, you are going down with the AR ship.  I commend you for fronting for you boy but the excuses you are making for him are crazy.  Peace brother 

I literally advocate for trading up to number 1 for CJ Stroud in every thread. I’m just pointing out the notion that only Josh Allen improved his accuracy from college to the pros is inaccurate. Look at my post history. I’ve been leading the CJ bandwagon since like October. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I literally advocate for trading up to number 1 for CJ Stroud in every thread. I’m just pointing out the notion that only Josh Allen improved his accuracy from college to the pros is inaccurate. Look at my post history. I’ve been leading the CJ bandwagon since like October. 

Do you think AR = Josh Allen?  Who else is AR?  Cam?  

BTW…one thing we have never seen is a run heavy QB surviving very long…even Cam.  Risky proposition 

Edited by Shocker

If I am not mistaken, they met with hooker twice.  That could mean that he is a fallback, or he is a sleeper hidden behind his age and injury.

You have to look at it this way:  Hooker plus this year's second and a first in 2024 and 2025  or Stroud? (for example)

Just now, Shocker said:

Do you think AR = Josh Allen?  Who else is AR?  Cam?  

No I don’t think AR = Cam or AR = Josh Allen. I don’t think there’s a good comp for AR. We’ve never had a dude at this size at QB as agile, quick or explosive, with a rocket for an arm, with as few starts in college as AR. Comps are usually silly but the Cam and Allen comps for AR are lazy to me. 

Look. If the panthers brain trust thinks honey is the guy, I’m fine with it 

I just think. Cj. Bryce and Ar are special 

thwre is something about cj that bothers me. Not sure why as I’m a fan 

anybody but Levis ls. The gut did nothing in comparison liege and couldn’t make it at Penn state 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

No I don’t think AR = Cam or AR = Josh Allen. I don’t think there’s a good comp for AR. We’ve never had a dude at this size at QB as agile, quick or explosive, with a rocket for an arm, with as few starts in college as AR. Comps are usually silly but the Cam and Allen comps for AR are lazy to me. 

He is an amazing athlete.  Agree.

We are on record you want to trade up to #1 with what that will cost for CJ Stroud,  right?

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

If I am not mistaken, they met with hooker twice.  That could mean that he is a fallback, or he is a sleeper hidden behind his age and injury.

You have to look at it this way:  Hooker plus this year's second and a first in 2024 and 2025  or Stroud? (for example)

Could be smoke with all this move up talk and we move back and take Hooker later in the first round.  Perhaps we could move back up into the back end of the first round and take him there, taking BPA at #9.  Either of those scenarios I like better than moving up. I mean, everyone wants a rookie QB this year, right?  So they should be happy drafting Hooker.

• Beer 1

With a staff that we've assembled, I'd be okay with trading up to #3 and getting whoever falls. That way we're - theoretically - giving up less than what San Fran gave to Miami (1st round swap from 3 to 12, a '22 first and 3rd , and a '23 first.