• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Sign Derek Carr to 4 year deal.

TheWiz

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

at this point I really do think they go 1-2

Yeah, im thinking we do everything possible to get to 1 overall.  Then, its a decision between Young and Stroud.  Honestly IDK who I would pick at this point.  I lean towards Young, as overall hes the more well rounded QB, but his size scares me...and CJ is a helluva QB in his own right.  Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the next month.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I fully expect a decision to be made this off-season that will determine whether there's a new era of Panthers success on the horizon or the period of flailing will be extended a few more years.

We shall see. I sure hope we get it right because I for one am really tired and frustrated with the flailing.

I can't believe I'm saying it but looking at what it's going to cost to go to 1, I wish we had let Rhule finish the season. We may not have gotten 1, but very well could have ended up at 2 or 3. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

We better make the right call, otherwise we’ll have an expensive Burns with a shitty offense for 3 more years while our division is ripe for a great team. If we give up a ton of draft capital for the wrong guy, especially after not trading Burns, it’s going to suck.

You gotta trust our coaching/management staff. 150+ years of NFL experience has earned it.

I honestly believe Tepper has learned his lesson and will not push his personal desire.

14 minutes ago, Puresteel55 said:

You gotta trust our coaching/management staff. 150+ years of NFL experience has earned it.

I honestly believe Tepper has learned his lesson and will not push his personal desire.

Problem is we didn’t trade Burns and we have the 9th pick. We’re aren’t in the best spot to own our destiny so to speak. I like the coaching staff a lot but there are no guarantees and Carr to the Saints may make us impulsive.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Problem is we didn’t trade Burns and we have the 9th pick. We’re aren’t in the best spot to own our destiny so to speak. I like the coaching staff a lot but there are no guarantees and Carr to the Saints may make us impulsive.

We are signing a veteran QB, I doubt any of the rookies would be starting for us, at least not the first portion of the season.  Frank knows the first year development for a rookie QB is a monumental task, and we have a decent enough roster not to piss away winnable games while said rookie still has his training wheels firmly attached.

• Pie 4