• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New trade down theory coming out of League circles

Growl

I still think most of these reports we’ve seen feel like Chicago and Carolina negotiating in public, I haven’t seen much to show the Colts or Texans are all that motivated to move up.

Bears leak they may trade a few times to put pressure on us to get to 1, we leak we are in on Jimmy G to have some ammunition to say we need this done by FA or we are going to take ourselves out of the equation, etc.  Probably biased thinking but it still feels like this gets done before FA kicks off and ends up with us at 1.

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I still think most of these reports we’ve seen feel like Chicago and Carolina negotiating in public, I haven’t seen much to show the Colts or Texans are all that motivated to move up.

Bears leak they may trade a few times to put pressure on us to get to 1, we leak we are in on Jimmy G to have some ammunition to say we need this done by FA or we are going to take ourselves out of the equation, etc.  Probably biased thinking but it still feels like this gets done before FA kicks off and ends up with us at 1.

Some bears fan on Reddit said one of their insiders has mentioned that Indy has yet to even make a serious offer and said Tennessee has been more aggressive

the op could be an elaborate way of leveraging Indy to get more involved if chi really doesn’t want to drop to 9.

Hopefully we’re coming down to the finish on this 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Growl said:

Some bears fan on Reddit said one of their insiders has mentioned that Indy has yet to even make a serious offer and said Tennessee has been more aggressive

the op could be an elaborate way of leveraging Indy to get more involved if chi really doesn’t want to drop to 9.

Hopefully we’re coming down to the finish on this 

Yeah I’m out here trying to read smoke signals that could easily be for someone else. I still think they’ll trade 1 before free agency starts but I’ve been wrong before.

53 minutes ago, Growl said:

played? 
it’s literally a win/win/win for all three teams

bears maximize the value of their pick, Houston secures their top guy for a modest pick toss and blocks a division rival out of a top guy, panthers still get a top 2 prospect with the compensation being a token bit smaller

its the ideal scenario unless you believe there’s only one QB worth taking and the team clearly doesn’t feel that way

I think its only a win/win/win if Fitt knows the qb the Texans are taking and its not the one we want.  I also suppose it makes a difference how much less the compensation is.  It seems like it would be fairly similar though which doesnt make much sense to give up a lot to go to 2 for your 2nd choice.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Growl said:

That concerns me more than anything else.  From what we know, the Bears are happy with Fields, so they don't need the #1 pick given who everybody else is salivating over.  But 9 may be too far unless they have a long list of players they want in the first that are roughly equal in their rankings.

Something like this could involve us trading with Seattle to get to #5, then moving up to #2 after Chicago swaps with Houston.  I doubt we would need to move to #3 to satisfy the Bears, but 9 may be too low.

Right now getting first pick for CJ Stroud is a serious unknown for us and and I bet most here are getting very nervous about the chance of winning the trade battle for first pick of the draft. If that fails at getting  a QB who do we even go after between Oline and Dline left on the board.                      

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Anybody with a phone can send out a tweet about anything and people here jump on it like a hooker on a drunk guy.

it comes from Jonathan Jones at cbs sports

Edited by Growl