• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I tend to prefer more accurate types.

Bryce Young fits damn near everything that I would want in a quarterback, but Lord have mercy that frame 😳

CJ Stroud has referred to himself as "a ball placement machine" which is something I really like the sound of in the kind of offense were likely to be running.

Levis and Richardson both strike me as guys who you take based on their physical traits and then try to work on refining their actual quarterback skills.

Not a fan of that approach at all, but given some of the things I've heard Scott Fitterer say lately, I acknowledge that's a possibility for us with Levis.

Just have to hope that the coaching staff is as good as we believe they are.

I agree with you completely on all of this. I like fast processors who throw accurate passes, I think end of the day that’s what wins over anything else.

• Pie 2

End of the day for me Levis where I don’t have to give up a future first to draft him is actually an interesting upside move that I can see myself being optimistic about while understanding the downside.

Levis where I also have to sacrifice a first or two becomes a lot more of a pit in my stomach in terms of dread.

I’m sure I’ll stay open minded regardless knowing myself though.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have tried hard to do so but that's not so easy.

Mind you, I don't really think he's going to be an option for us anyway, so...

I agree he won't be an option unless the Panthers move up to 1. I watched quite a few Bama games because they were on TV a lot, and Young is one tough little guy that only missed one game in college. Yeah, he'll take hits in the NFL, but the league will protect him too. Young is already considered a star and the NFL will want to capitalize on that. I think he'll be fine even without the refs looking out for him.

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I agree he won't be an option unless the Panthers move up to 1. I watched quite a few Bama games because they were on TV a lot, and Young is one tough little guy that only missed one game in college. Yeah, he'll take hits in the NFL, but the league will protect him too. Young is already considered a star and the NFL will want to capitalize on that. I think he'll be fine even without the refs looking out for him.

The more I look into it the more comfortable I get with his frame. It’s a risk but not sure it much more of a risk in reality than any of these guys flaws. His talents definitely more than make up for it in my eyes.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

The more I look into it the more comfortable I get with his frame. It’s a risk but not sure it much more of a risk in reality than any of these guys flaws. His talents definitely more than make up for it in my eyes.

Yep. I think his talent and skill will trump his size issues.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stafford was a very high production thrower.

Levis seems more like a big balled, fireball throwing gunslinger type.

You can win with that type of player. You can also lose badly.

Stafford was never high production and more of a gun slinger at Georgia with that Cannon arm,

in fact their stats their last 2 seasons in college are quite similar.

• Pie 1