• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

31 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

3 year 36… yeah I’d bet money that was us

Finesser cornered the market on 3 year deals......yep most are only 2, but i believe its a safe bet that was the panthers. They changed gears and when for hurst, DJ Chark better wake up and realize his injury history and the current market are NOT in his favor..... I bet the panthers offer is the most money in a couple ways. 

Sometimes those one year deals dont workout for the better too.... If the lions drafted an early WR, who do you think they want to give the snaps to; WR on one year deal or rookie that needs them??

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Finesser cornered the market on 3 year deals......yep most are only 2, but i believe its a safe bet that was the panthers. They changed gears and when for hurst, DJ Chark better wake up and realize his injury history and the current market are NOT in his favor..... I bet the panthers offer is the most money in a couple ways. 

Sometimes those one year deals dont workout for the better too.... If the lions drafted an early WR, who do you think they want to give the snaps to; WR on one year deal or rookie that needs them??

It wouldn’t surprise me if the same thing happened with Hardman

Fitterer has mentioned finding a vertical threat multiple times and Hardman was the obvious one out there 

He also remains unsigned and took to Twitter to post him running routes. Both Shultz and Hardman most likely thought they were worth more than they are

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the same thing happened with Hardman

Fitterer has mentioned finding a vertical threat multiple times and Hardman was the obvious one out there 

He also remains unsigned and took to Twitter to post him running routes. Both Shultz and Hardman most likely thought they were worth more than they are

It honestly surpised me about the market, minus the bates to failcons deal and maybe a couple of QB deals(whom always get too much), it was a cold market. Most every NFL FA site had the WR market starting at 16-18 million with meyers name on top....he only got 11 and adam got 8.3....sure theres more ways to count, but the stoopid money was not there for many hopeful FAs. 

Looking awful collusioninlyggg.. 

Plus I didnt see any lane for the panthers to be real players and come away with TE, NT, WR, RB AND sign boze??? I expected moves like the depth mccray and "who dis" DE williams. 

4 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I can speak personally about Damiere, he would come back here if offered. He spends a lot of time here in charlotte. My best friend is really close with Damiere. 

Edited by TheCasillas

Thanks to @thunderraiden @Purrnicious@therealmjl ... I would have never thought to do this, but I just texted my buddy about what sup with Byrd... 

"Panthers are talking to him, and he would love to come back here" 
"The other team talking to him is GB"

Also, my buddy shared with me something that we did for Damiere that is pretty wild that I had no idea NFL franchises would do for a free agent, but I will say holy poo... our FO is so fuging cool.

bonus note: Byrd is getting married in uptown at the Bohemian in a couple of weeks.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 5

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Thanks to @thunderraiden @Purrnicious@therealmjl ... I would have never thought to do this, but I just texted my buddy about what sup with Byrd... 

"Panthers are talking to him, and he would love to come back here" 
"The other team talking to him is GB"

Also, my buddy shared with me something that we did for Damiere that is pretty wild that I had no idea NFL franchises would do for a free agent, but I will say holy poo... our FO is so fuging cool.

bonus note: Byrd is getting married in uptown at the Bohemian in a couple of weeks.

Would love to have him back thanks!

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

thinking we overpaid for Hurst expecting Schultz and Gesicki to go for more than they did.

Also afraid we did the same with Sanders, other RBs aren't really getting that great of deals right now.

How do you figure? Miles was the best RB on the market also we don’t have a QB. Look the guaranteed money basically the same money we just have a longer deal 1/9 or 3/13