• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Ricardson Board Work with Steve Mariucci

SaltAndPepper

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I will be excited for Stroud.  I will be ecstatic if we take AR.  I know Stroud is the most polished coming out, but the potential with AR, under this staff, is astronomical.  

Genuine concern that they’re going with the shiniest toy, given that Tepper has a penchant for that and how it doesn’t often bite him in the ass, it always bites him in the ass. But I’d take Richardson above others. Not Stroud, though. 

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Genuine concern that they’re going with the shiniest toy, given that Tepper has a penchant for that and how it doesn’t often bite him in the ass, it always bites him in the ass. But I’d take Richardson above others. Not Stroud, though. 

If we wanted ar we would have gone to 3 and kept Moore

13 hours ago, chknwing said:

I like Richardson but he lacks basic QB fundamentals.  Hes a project qb that will take awhile to develop.  He has all the physical ability, he is coachable but he hasnt played that much football especially in college.  He needs time that I doubt management and the fan base are willing to give him.

He is basically a less polished Trey Lance. So if you liked Lance(which I really did at the time), he is your guy.

If we were in a different spot with the roster(and franchise), he'd be a great Jordan Love-like option to develop over a few years. 

Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury. We need a guy that can play on day one.

Edited by kungfoodude

12 hours ago, t96 said:

This just isn't a fact at all lol

Lol, right? I love the confidence to just state that and blow on past it like it’s a fact. But then again, op also thought the video was meaningful.

The guy remembered a drawing. I remembered everything about that play as well and I wasn’t even in the room. He didn’t recite some of the nuances like the subtle placement of the FS that would indicate different coverages. That is actually bad.

53% Completion. FIFTY THREE. And his favorite play in college was a run. Not a play where he read the coverage, looked off the safety, led his receiver with perfect ball placement. Do not want.

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, chknwing said:

I like Richardson but he lacks basic QB fundamentals.  Hes a project qb that will take awhile to develop.  He has all the physical ability, he is coachable but he hasnt played that much football especially in college.  He needs time that I doubt management and the fan base are willing to give him.

Not giving you any crap…just observing that we all think that just cause that’s what we hear. I don’t think any of us really know what he’s capable of or that he would sit for a year. 

People thought Cam was a project. I think he surprised us all when he threw for over 400 yards his first game.

14 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Do they ever show these where the QB fails? Genuine question.

I think Richardson failed. There were pre snap reads he was supposed to make and I don’t think he even realized. He missed some important stuff. I think he’s fine if you’re WRs read the coverage well and you just tell him to look around and throw the ball to the open man. But that’s not QB in the NFL.

People need to chill with the Cam comparisons lol

Cam won a JUCO national title. Then went to Auburn, lead them to an undefeated record, winning a national championship (while winning the Heisman) going down as one of the greatest college seasons from a QB ever. Compare that to Richardson lol It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by Castavar
  • Flames 1

I'm going to be disappointed but not surprised if Richardson's the pick. He'll still be a better pro than Levis, but you gave up a star WR and picks for a guy who likely would've been there at 9. At least one QB falls annually, regardless of teams needing someone at the position. 

God, how Panthers. There's one way to not screw this up and they're desperately looking for an excuse to screw it up.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2