• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio crying like a b about the trade getting announced on a Friday

JawnyBlaze

8 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I was joking obviously, and I was on the Howell bandwagon last year, but he hasn’t shown anything yet. We’ll see. In seriousness I’d say he’s looked like the smartest kid on that short bus draft class for now. 

I thought he was a clear 1st rounder. Willis had the most raw talent but would it translate. Pickett? Career backup IMO. Corral? Can he survive NFL punishment? I honestly didn't see him looking sou badly outclassed from a talent perspective. That was alarming.

17 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Nobody is right all the time, and he hasn’t been proven wrong yet, Corral hasn’t had a chance to prove whether he’s better than the other trash that was taken last year. Could argue he is the best of that class just by not playing and proving that he can’t lol

Also, to be fair, last years crop of QB’s sucked. Brock Purdy was the best.

33 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Another interesting nugget, Chris Simms says Stroud is the #1 and it’s not even close. Says Lawrence vs Wilson, Burrow vs Herbert, Mayfield vs Josh Allen were closer than Stroud vs Young. 

Well that's gonna upset some folks lol

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Heh yea that definitely caught my attention too. I’d agree with you on all your points, I think Simms was just caught up in the moment lol. I like Stroud maybe 10% more than Lawrence, but Young is more like 75% more than Wilson

Yep. Unfortunately, in this day and age, clicks make money. I like Stroud, but I’d rather have had Lawrence. Back pre-2020 offseason, I should have roofied Hurney’s meatball sub and taken over the FA signings so Grier was all Rhule had after locking his ass in a broom closet until week 1 so he could lead us to 1-15.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Another interesting nugget, Chris Simms says Stroud is the #1 and it’s not even close. Says Lawrence vs Wilson, Burrow vs Herbert, Mayfield vs Josh Allen were closer than Stroud vs Young. 

He also said Corral was the best QB in the draft last year.

Kinda concerns me.

38 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Nobody is right all the time, and he hasn’t been proven wrong yet, Corral hasn’t had a chance to prove whether he’s better than the other trash that was taken last year. Could argue he is the best of that class just by not playing and proving that he can’t lol

Last years QB’s were garbage, it was said as much at the time. 

Edited by Doc Holiday

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Last years QB’s were garbage, it was said as much at the time. 

But then Pickett looked decent late. Howell looked good in his lone start. Bailey Zappe looked to translate to the NFL better than anyone expected.

Meanwhile, Corral looked like a local HS kid who snuck on to the field with talent that just didn't look like it belonged even against 3rd stringers and practice squader before predictably got hurt as would likely result with a kid trying to play football against grown ass men.

• Poo 2

42 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Corral's performance before his injury didn't exactly inspire confidence though.

I'm a Corral skeptic now unfortunately but even I have to acknowledge he's only played one preseason game under Matt Rhule against a Ron Rivera coached team looking to send us a message. Simms can be hit and miss but using this against him so early is silly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

53 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Thanks for posting this. Now I’m one who agreed with Simms on Corral, and I will also value Simms take on Stroud…

…but I don’t want anyone who talked poo on Simms for his Corral take doing a 180 and loving his Stroud take. 

Be consistent if possible people lol. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm a Corral skeptic now unfortunately but even I have to acknowledge he's only played one preseason game under Matt Rhule against a Ron Rivera coached team looking to send us a message. Simms can be hit and miss but using this against him so early is silly.

Big time agree. 

Even if I don’t believe a player will turn into anything special…gotta give them more time than a preseason game. 

It would only help the team if he develops into something. He can then be traded for other assets. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Thanks for posting this. Now I’m one who agreed with Simms on Corral, and I will also value Simms take on Stroud…

…but I don’t want anyone who talked poo on Simms for his Corral take doing a 180 and loving his Stroud take. 

Be consistent if possible people lol. 

Oh c'mon... people are very consistent here. Media talking heads are brilliant when they have an opinion that agrees with theirs and morons when they don't. That's very consistent. 😂

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1