• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton is a Panther

Mr. Scot

$10M for 2 years was about what I was hoping for to get somebody who can credibly play the position when needed.  I was afraid that budget was going to get busted.  That was why the idea of Brissett didn't bother me.

The fact he is 35 and he knows his best years are in his rear view mirror is also ideal, assuming we do not do something stupid at #1.  While I am not certain we will not do something stupid at #1, I feel a lot better about our odds than I would have, say, a year or two ago.

Seems like a pretty good pickup to me, based on what (I hope) we need.

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don’t need a mentor / extra coach to have that cap hit. We have a bunch of former QBs on the coaching staff for that role. We could have gone cheaper. 

Who?  2 years 10m is pretty cheap for a backup qb.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Agreed. 

This signing makes it LESS likely that the Panthers draft anyone other than Young or Stroud.

Dalton is a backup NOT a bridge.

or you could look at it as if you if were drafting a QB to start early, for example Young or Stroud you would have gone cheaper as your backup.

Just now, Tr3ach said:

Who?  2 years 10m is pretty cheap for a backup qb.

There a bunch of QBs who aren’t signed who can sit there and talk CJ through how to prepare every day and point out missed reads and such that wouldn’t cost 10 million. 

Next , we will sign Carson Wents and Dalton and Wentz will be competing for the starting Job 

Then there will still be Homer's here defending it , that's why I wasn't crazy about the Riech hire, he was fired , oh its because the Colts were idiots 

Just like we thought the jets were idiots, just like we thought the browns were idiots 

And when we are 3-14 next season , we will be the idiots , if we wanted to continue to shuffle washed up QBs through Charlotte, we might has well kept Rhule 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan
  • Poo 6