• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers showing interest in RB Jamaal Williams

Saca312

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

we made him an offer. if he wants to be here so bad then all he has to do is docusign it.

When was the offer? I know we supposedly made an offer a few days ago, but Sheena Quick is implying we just made one. I could be reading her tweet wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

When was the offer? I know we supposedly made an offer a few days ago, but Sheena Quick is implying we just made one. I could be reading her tweet wrong. 

There was an article on the team site the other day that said we had offers on the table for Bozeman and foreman.

one player has since signed, but one player hasn’t…so the ball is in foreman’s hands (pun intended)

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 2

If Jamaal Williams commands 5 million or less a season on no more than a 2 year contract, I could see the Panthers interest.

But if he gets more elsewhere, then good for him. We don't want to overpay.

The FA RB pool is large and the draft is deep at RB. There will be a large supply of RBs out there.

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

he seems to be a bit of a touchdown vulture judging from his highlights. almost all of his TDs are from within the 5 and there were only a handful of big runs in the open field.

I've noticed a pattern with these FA interests.  Everyone them are known for scoring TDS.  Our guys are known for yards but few TDS. I'm smelling what Fitterer and Reich are cooking. 

• Pie 2

I really like Williams as a team leader and positive locker room presence; I'm a big fan and would be happy to have him as a Panther. But he's not a game changer as a running back and we certainly shouldn't break the bank for him. Hopefully the market dictates he and/or Foreman getting a very modest deal

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rodeo said:

he seems to be a bit of a touchdown vulture judging from his highlights. almost all of his TDs are from within the 5 and there were only a handful of big runs in the open field.

Yes, and signing him for that reason makes a lot of sense.

Stroud doesn't (even try) score with his legs and no one wants Young to go for it. 

5 hours ago, rodeo said:

Thats the entire point.

Not to mention he had plenty of touches. Heck his rushing yards are just short of the leading receivers yardage. He was the second most productive player in the team in yards and we'll above the third place.

How does he remotely qualify as a TD vulture?