• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers showing interest in RB Jamaal Williams

Saca312

8 hours ago, rodeo said:

he seems to be a bit of a touchdown vulture judging from his highlights. almost all of his TDs are from within the 5 and there were only a handful of big runs in the open field.

As a swift fantasy owner, I would def agree haha 

9 hours ago, rodeo said:

he seems to be a bit of a touchdown vulture judging from his highlights. almost all of his TDs are from within the 5 and there were only a handful of big runs in the open field.

They guy averaged 4.1/carry - fewer big runs makes this more impressive.  The TD's are a nice bonus meaning tough at the GL, but he had 262 carries - that is a starter to pair with Chuba....love it.  For a decent price I take this all day.

19 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

They guy averaged 4.1/carry - fewer big runs makes this more impressive.  The TD's are a nice bonus meaning tough at the GL, but he had 262 carries - that is a starter to pair with Chuba....love it.  For a decent price I take this all day.

What's with the hate for this guy? He had 3 more carries than Miles Sanders 200 less yards but 6 more scores. I'd be happy with adding either of them to our backfield.

Edited by frankw

I love it personally.  He's one of the best personalities in the league.  His teammates love the dude, tough hard-nosed runner. He was more than just the reliable short yardage back in a league top offense. 

Would be a fan of this.  

Regardless if it's him or Foreman, the draft tees up nicely for an all-around or pass catcher like Gibbs, Spears, Achane, McIntosh, Brown, Abanikanda.  I wouldn't say Charbonnet or Roschon Johnson are out but it's much more in favor of the all around, dual-threat, shiftier types.  

I LOVE Williams' story and wouldn't be mad if he's our RB on a fair 2-3 yr deal. Foreman also has a pretty emotional backstory as well. 

I prefer Foreman, but hope we sign the cheaper/best value of Foreman, Williams, Sanders or Mattison. 

I think they will all produce similar numbers here with this OL, with Sanders & Mattison being younger. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I LOVE Williams' story and wouldn't be mad if he's our RB on a fair 2-3 yr deal. Foreman also has a pretty emotional backstory as well. 

I prefer Foreman, but hope we sign the cheaper/best value of Foreman, Williams, Sanders or Mattison. 

I think they will all produce similar numbers here with this OL, with Sanders & Mattison being younger. 

If Foreman can do as well as he did last year at a reasonable price tag I would like to keep him. I understand you have to manage the cap, but when we can retain players who have performed well as a Panther I wish we could keep them. I know it is a business and sometimes we don’t know all the facts. 

14 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Per this tweet from a source who's personally connected with the RB in question, appears Panthers are part of the mix in aiming for Jamaal Williams of the Lions.

Unsure if this implies that Foreman is gone, or if it's just due dilligence, but interesting to note we're a part of this.

I'd be fine with both Foreman and Williams. With the RB market, we should be able to afford both.