• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

36 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I could see Stroud taking hits due too his lack of mobility vs Young.  I think Stroud (at least in college) tends to get the ball out quick.  He is more prone to throw it away vs running around extending it trying to make a play.  Young has been doing more or as much with less talent at WR than Stroud, that alone may help him have more success early that Stroud will.  They are both two great options so either way I'm good.  

i don't know...stroud always looked like a very mobile and elusive QB in the backfield. He just seemed reluctant to take off running and looked fairly awkward when he did...up until the game against GA and then he looked completely natural. 

He may not have that spidey sense that Young seems to have, but he always seems really aware of everything in the backfield and upfield. they both have a very good sense of awareness. 

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

he said earlier levis is the best qb in this draft so there still is hope

Lies GIF by The Maury Show

Get it right so your fellow knuckle draggers don't have a spontaneous release.

I said Levis when it's all said and done will be the 2nd best QB of this draft. Me and Payton Manning say so. Who agrees with you?

2 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

Bryce out of college is way better than Brees coming out of college.

so why can’t he be as good as Brees or better in the nfl? 

Its not a matter of why, its a matter of how long?  Remember it took Brees awhile to be able to understand, adapt and master his game based on his size. He had to throw quick. Bryce extends plays, Brees took time to work work the pocket but he needed a great Oline to do so. Our Oline may not be able to do that. So there is alot of key factors when size is a issue. For Young to thrive the Oline has to be solid and be able to create windows for him. I just dont think we have that. Stroud would be a better option even if Young is better. We dont have the pieces for Young to be like that here.

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i don't know...stroud always looked like a very mobile and elusive QB in the backfield. He just seemed reluctant to take off running and looked fairly awkward when he did...up until the game against GA and then he looked completely natural. 

He may not have that spidey sense that Young seems to have, but he always seems really aware of everything in the backfield and upfield. they both have a very good sense of awareness. 

He looks as mobile as Burrow to me (which isn't bad).  Young is definitely to more elusive player out of the two.  Burrow takes a ton of sacks, but also had a bad OL so it's hard to tell.

58 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They're trying to use Bryce Young. Stop the foolishness and move on with the #1, stop the f'n games which benefit NOBODY.

There is only one player THIS draft that qualifies for a jump from #9 to #1.

It's Stroud. Stop the smokescreens, leaks, stalling, staring down, they're not going to blink.

They're waiting for you to proclaim what everyone knows already ITS STROUD, stop playing games and celebrate, get to know him and let us freaking rest on teh huddle you cheeky card hiding, fooler of nobody.

There's nothing wrong with being honest and deliberate instead of cloak and dagger, fooling only ones self and wasting our f'n time and doing gymnastics on our nerves.

Lets Go Crypto GIF by OKX

I completely agree with you not to just get on with it because they could care less they have the giggle in a major headlock lol. It’s because Houston isn’t trading up to their O coordinator comes from San Fran he coached up Brock P, I don’t see any way they wel the need to get either of the two specifically. Whoever they end up with I’m sure they’ll look to implement a system that works for him why give up assets when either way you end up with a blue chip qb. They probably want stroud more as well but I just don’t see what sense it would make to jump up for a player we obviously don’t want and if we did they could just take CJ and retain all their capital seems stupid to me but hey. Try what you can if it works kool if not grab CJ let’s get this thing rolling.

Why the hell are people so mean and snippy with eachother on here?

Guys, we all love the Panthers. We may disagree, but just have discourse and don't get personal, it's not that hard lmao. 

I will be elated with either of the two, and be a huge stan of them for a decade and defend against all the haters lol. 

Keep pounding. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

If you don't know who you're trading up for, then you don't have "conviction," and Fitterer said that that's a must. 

For me, it's as simple as that. You don't trade up hoping or guessing or researching, you move up already knowing.

Person stated they have "conviction", they just happen to have it on more than one guy.

Knowing that more than one guy suits your needs is not "hoping or guessing".

i looked at the number of times that both Young and Stroud were sacked in college...

Young - sacked 63 times in 3 years

• 2020 - 6 (9 games)
  • 2021 - 39 (15 starts)
  • 2022 - 18 (12 starts)

Stroud - sacked 26 times in 3 years.

• 2020 - 0 (2 games)
  • 2021 - 13 (12 starts)
  • 2022 - 13 (13 starts)

i couldn't find number of pressures, but i was kind of shocked that Stroud took so many less than Young.

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

i looked at the number of times that both Young and Stroud were sacked in college...

Young - sacked 63 times in 3 years

• 2020 - 6 (9 games)
  • 2021 - 39 (15 starts)
  • 2022 - 18 (12 starts)

Stroud - sacked 26 times in 3 years.

• 2020 - 0 (2 games)
  • 2021 - 13 (12 starts)
  • 2022 - 13 (13 starts)

i couldn't find number of pressures, but i was kind of shocked that Stroud took so many less than Young.

I think some of that is how good his offensive line is and his receivers being able to get open, but I think people are underestimating how quickly Stroud processes his reads and makes decisions. I know Young is being portrayed as the processing guy, which he is extremely good at, but Stroud is as well.

I will say in watching some Young tape, he's a magician, but I think he also makes some plays look harder than they could be, I've seen him run out of what are pretty good pockets and start creating, rather than just making it look routine. 

• Pie 3