• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller (aka Verge): per her sources, Panthers moved up to #1 to take Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

22 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Young is not throwing this week. He is throwing at Alabama's 2nd pro day in April. Some have speculated that he is still recovering from an injury, but not sure that is legit. Perhaps he just wants to make sure he has the last impression. 

Since when do colleges have more than 1 pro day ?!?!

1 hour ago, csx said:

Yeah I like Stroud I think but there is nothing to back that up.

He doesn't have elite arm or ideak height and I've not seen anybody suggesting that's what his strengths are other Ryan whoever above said that. None  of that is Strouds appeal 

I would say Stroud has an elite arm.

Again, he plays a lot like Dak Prescott. In the next month he needs to prove he can move around outside the pocket and still connect with dead-on accuracy to be the pick... I do believe the Panthers are seriously considering Young as the best prospect because of his elite out of the pocket ability, which is one of the things that translates into superstardom in the NFL.

That said, Stroud is still a good #1 pick because of his elite ball placement and throw velocity. I think we can win with either.

7 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I would say Stroud has an elite arm.

Again, he plays a lot like Dak Prescott. In the next month he needs to prove he can move around outside the pocket and still connect with dead-on accuracy to be the pick... I do believe the Panthers are seriously considering Young as the best prospect because of his elite out of the pocket ability, which is one of the things that translates into superstardom in the NFL.

That said, Stroud is still a good #1 pick because of his elite ball placement and throw velocity. I think we can win with either.

He arguably has elite accuracy. Pretty much every single analysis says good but not elite arm strength..

I'm an not knocking Stroud. He is my preference. I'm just pointing out that the poster seemed to be exaggerating Stroud beyond what anybody else is saying. 6'3 is good height. It's not ideal. 

Edited by csx

41 minutes ago, csx said:

He arguably has elite accuracy. Pretty much every single analysis says good but not elite arm strength..

I'm an not knocking Stroud. He is my preference. I'm just pointing out that the poster seemed to be exaggerating Stroud beyond what anybody else is saying. 6'3 is good height. It's not ideal. 

Well, what's ideal? Taller doesn't necessarily mean better, it could just mean "statue!"

Pat Mahomes is 6'2". So is Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson. Burrow is 6'4", Hurts is 6'1". I mean, "ideal" surely seems subjective. Brady is 6'4", Peyton Manning is 6'5", Montana is 6'2, Elway is 6'3", Favre is 6'2", Bradshaw is 6'3", Marino is 6'4, Warner is 6'2, and Dan Fouts was 6'3.  I would say 6'3" is as ideal a height as any.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, what's ideal? Taller doesn't necessarily mean better, it could just mean "statue!"

Pat Mahomes is 6'2". So is Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson. Jalen Hurts is 6'1". I mean, "ideal" surely seems subjective. Brady is 6'4", Peyton Manning is 6'5", Joe Montana is 6'2, Joe John Elway is 6'3", Brett Favre is 6'2", Bradshaw is 6'3", Marino is 6'4, Warner is 6'2, and Dan Fouts was 6'3.  I would say 6'3" is as ideal a height as any.

Median height was 6'4" a few years ago.

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Corral was #2 at Ole Miss.  He had to change numbers because DJ already had #2 here.  I'm not saying it's not Young, but Corral's number has nothing to do with it.

I'm just saying trading DJ, allowed Corral to take #2 so Young could get #9. 

Because keeping Shaq #7 means CJ would have to choose a new number.

I still think Corral can be groom to be DA to Cam for Young.

2 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

If that's true it's going to be a historic mistake and the Texans are going to be the greatest beneficiary.  

And it does not explain why the Panthers' owners and 9 scouts and coaches are going to Columbus. 

Too much talking going on right now--people need to pay attention.  They have over 1 month to make a decision.

• Beer 1