• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears would have accepted Moore, Burns or Brown.

Varking

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don’t necessarily think it’s wrong for their situation. If Moore plays how he did here he’s going to help their young qb develop in a major way. For what Burns does you can pay Yannick to hit the QB and not play the run. 

Im a jury is still out on Derrick. He’s had one really good year so you hope he’s going to add onto that and not regress. 

We will see I just see a ton of value in him.  He is a key piece that could make this defense special.  I admittedly thought DJ Moore was good but a borderline #1.  Better as a #2.  He avoids contact, drops balls etc.  This is what my eyes observed with him.  He is good…above average but won’t be upper level.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I get your stance. I just think if it’s that easy to snag a WR why have we been so bad at it? 

we havnt prioritized it in the past

we are about to have a whole new WR core.  i think you are moving the goal post a little bit. Whether or not some teams hit or even prioritize WRs or not doesnt change that there are a ton of them and that good defensive lineman are more valuable. 

its just a fact that good defensive lineman are more valuable than WRs 

we can replace Moores production a whole lot easier than finding great let alone acceptable defensive lineman

take the emotion out of it

40 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If true, I'm shocked we didn't send them Brown.

Nothing against him, particularly as he looked great last year.

But we made the trade to draft a QB at #1, having him a reliable #1 like DJ seems like a more important position to still have filled than a DT/DE.

getting your ass gaped in the middle and not being able to stop anyone from running the ball hurts a rookie.  WRs can be replaced and offensive production can still be had with good coaching and scheming

not that case on the DL.  idc what a handful of huddlers say, great DL get picked high in drafts, and paid for a reason. 

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think the Bears valued DJ the most out of the three. Young WR under control with a friendly contract for a few years. Helps out Fields and rounds out their WR room. Burns is basically just a rusher and Brown is just a run stuffer. They got more boxes checked with DJ. 

its totally possible they wanted brown or burns and we said NO

4 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

getting your ass gaped in the middle and not being able to stop anyone from running the ball hurts a rookie.  WRs can be replaced and offensive production can still be had with good coaching and scheming

not that case on the DL.  idc what a handful of huddlers say, great DL get picked high in drafts, and paid for a reason. 

I imagine that would hurt anyone, not just a rookie QB.

• The D 2

42 minutes ago, Varking said:

I hear you but then why have we had such bad luck at picking and developing WRs?

41 minutes ago, Varking said:

Part of that is because Burns is basically no help in the run game and YGM doesn’t belong in the NFL. 

35 minutes ago, Varking said:

I can see it. My problem with Brown is a DT picked it in the top ten should be a QB killer type. Not just a run stuffer. He’s had one really good year in the NFL now. Let’s hope he builds on it and adds another element. 

28 minutes ago, Varking said:

Everyone is hitting on WR but us

You've got to let go of that past. Fear of the past only inhibits future decisions. There's a new Sheriff in town. Which means things around here are gonna be achangin. 

Also, I think you need to do a quick Google search about Brown and Burns. They are both better than you give them credit for.