• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis - Not so fast my friend!

CRA

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Of the 4 top qb's to attend the combine only 1 qb took part every drill and every measurement. That guy wasn't afraid that he may look bad or inferior in some manner compared to his competition.  Guess who that was? That guy shows courage and determination.  Their actions or should I say inactions said more to me about these guys than how they threw the ball in shorts.

The NFL combine is fan fare. Players do it all

again on their pro days. Players are measured when they do visits to teams. There is nothing from the combine that should play any role in deciding your quarterback.

we are merely a couple years away from the combine not even being in existence. don’t put stock in it to judge a player. That’s not the right place to put any energy, considering these kids are advised on what to do and not to do by people who have a strong understanding of their draft day fate.

Edited by TheCasillas

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

again on their pro days. Players are measured when they do visits to teams. There is nothing from the combine that should play any role in deciding your quarterback.

we are merely a couple years away from the combine not even being in existence. don’t put stock in it to judge a player. That’s not the right place to put any energy, considering these kids are advised on what to do and not to do by people who have a strong understanding of their draft day fate.

You think the NFL is going to get rid of the combine? That's like the only viewership NFL network gets for March

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

I certainly think we have a very sound coaching staff. 

developing super raw QB?  Not sure that’s anyone’s  speciality in Carolina. 

Richardson just seems like the risky possible play there could be.  And we are giving up a lot for the pick.  I just want a functional QB.   I don’t care if they are a HOFer.   I want a higher floor than Richardson has 

I'd honestly rather end up with a bust than a Kirk Cousins type. You gotta have an MVP caliber QB to compete for SBs with any regularity. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

All right panic moments over for me. I'll trust this supposable all star staff to get it right, but it might take me a bit longer to buy that Richardson Jersey than that Young or Stroud Jersey.

Edited by Jaxel

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You think the NFL is going to get rid of the combine? That's like the only viewership NFL network gets for March

If the NFLPA wants it gone, then they will get it gone. NFL will just televise pro days.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617811/nflpa-demaurice-smith-calls-end-nfl-scouting-combine?platform=amp

Edited by TheCasillas

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I know the combine means nothing to the coaches.  It does show their competitiveness and Young look scared. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No chance.

First and foremost it's a level playing field to test the athleticism of players. Your Pro Day numbers are always taken with a grain of salt. 

Secondly it's an opportunity to meet players - formally and informally.

Finally it's a chance for NFL teams (and coaches) to come together and discuss deals, players etc. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

No chance.

First and foremost it's a level playing field to test the athleticism of players. Your Pro Day numbers are always taken with a grain of salt. 

Secondly it's an opportunity to meet players - formally and informally.

Finally it's a chance for NFL teams (and coaches) to come together and discuss deals, players etc. 

Tell DeMaurice Smith that… this is the NFLPA’s top priority. Not field conditions and types but the fuging combine is what is important to him.