• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical Hopkins trade

Peon Awesome

I still say YGM and our 3rd or 4th should get it done.

Don't even need to have Arizona eat any of the contract either, just sign him to a 2 year extension with the last year of it possibly just a voidable year, but really all it does is guarantee what is already on the contract and then it can be spread out over 4 years for cap purposes.

Yep, no hesitation. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Just be realistic. What are our odds of doing better with the #93 overall pick in the draft? Virtually zero.

Getting a player of his caliber at our biggest position of need (after we take a QB #1 overall) with a late 3rd round pick would feel like stealing.

41 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I still say YGM and our 3rd or 4th should get it done.

Don't even need to have Arizona eat any of the contract either, just sign him to a 2 year extension with the last year of it possibly just a voidable year, but really all it does is guarantee what is already on the contract and then it can be spread out over 4 years for cap purposes.

Keep that line of thinking up and we will only have 8 players by 2026.

26 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

According to Pacman Jones' source(s) on the Pat McAfee show today its down to 5 teams: 

Atlanta

Pats

Bills

Ravens

Raiders

For those not in on the joke. The source(s) is Deandre Hopkins. 

I'll be honest, the only team on that list that makes any sense is the Ravens, odd list.

Falcons are a worse team and will have a worse QB than we will

Raiders and Bills have Adams and Diggs, not sure how either offense can really work and keep everyone happy with two WRs who need double digit targets every game to be happy, only one ball to be thrown around.

And the Patriots OC is Bill O'Brien, can't see that working with Hopkins in the slightest.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

53 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll be honest, the only team on that list that makes any sense is the Ravens, odd list.

Falcons are a worse team and will have a worse QB than we will

Raiders and Bills have Adams and Diggs, not sure how either offense can really work and keep everyone happy with two WRs who need double digit targets every game to be happy, only one ball to be thrown around.

And the Patriots OC is Bill O'Brien, can't see that working with Hopkins in the slightest.

I didnt say it was a good list, just that it was what Hopkins had relayed. 

I'd argue in terms of opportunity, scheme, QB, ability to pay him and chance of winning.... we may be the most logical/appealing option. 

We also may not be in on an alpha number 1 because we want to avoid the issues Cam and Smitty ran into with his development trying to feed a guy targets. That's pure speculation from me though.