• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

Well, no they don’t have crystal balls. But they have decades of nfl experience which twitter and message board coaches and GMs have zero of. So I’ll take my chances with their opinion over faceless accounts online.

They have experience with what? They all had 5 foot 10 inch 180 pound starting QBs? 

I guess they all coached Doug Flutie. 

4 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

I think many fans under estimate how much preparation & smart did to take players like Brady, Brees, Kuechly from good to all time great.

This part of Bryce is the secret sauce!

It’s insane anyone poo’d your post for just pointing this out 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah his stock is definitely inflated due to his 85 TDs to 12 INTs in two seasons as a starter. Dump the stock, I say(!)

Ohio State QB Stats over the past 8 seasons:

70% completions, 54 TDs, 9 Ints in two seasons as OSU starter:  Dwayne Haskins.  Was a huge bust (RIP)

68.4% completions, 63 TDs, 9 Ints, in two seasons as OSU Starter: Justin Fields.  After 2 years in the NFL, has a 59.7% completion rate, 24 TDs, 21 Ints.

63.5% completions, 104 TDs, 30 Ints in four seasons as OSU Starter:  JT Barrett. (Out of the NFL)

Totals of all 3 OSU Stroud predecessors at Ohio State over past 8 years:

Approx 67% completion rate, 211 TDs, 48 Ints. 

The stock is high right now.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We won't know until 2030 who was the best pick--no sense worrying about it.  I was strongly pro-Stroud in the beginning, but now I am leaning Young simply because he checks all the boxes between the ears.  That does not mean Stroud doesnt...we did not have dinner with him, we have not chatted x's and o's with him, and we are not football experts like the Panther staff.  So I guess we should be rooting for them to do a good job instead of trying to choose for them.

MHS, you joined the dark side?? You were just on the CJ train yesterday. 🙂

1 hour ago, WestPanthers said:

Like one of the poster states - If Bryce is 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier, we're going to stay on the 9 spot and Justin Fields is looking for the new NFL team.

And if he was 2 inches shorter or -5 pounds lighter he wouldn’t even be a prospect. 

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

Hmmm!!!  C.J. Stroud  threw 4+ TD passes in 7 out of 13 games last season.

One can hardly call that inflated stock.

Did you check to see if Haskins did the same thing?  He completed 70% of his passes and had 50 TD passes in 2018.  He averaged 3.57 TD passes per game that year--and he busted in the NFL.  Justin Fields averaged almost 3 TD passes per game at Ohio State during his career there, and in the NFL, he is averaging about 1 TD pass per game (24) played, and he has 21 pics.  The OSU QB curse scares me, so yes, after a strong last game, combine, pro day, etc. I think it is quite possible that Stroud's stock is inflated--unless he breaks the mold--and maybe we have the staff to do it,

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Did you check to see if Haskins did the same thing?  He completed 70% of his passes and had 50 TD passes in 2018.  He averaged 3.57 TD passes per game that year--and he busted in the NFL.  Justin Fields averaged almost 3 TD passes per game at Ohio State during his career there, and in the NFL, he is averaging about 1 TD pass per game (24) played, and he has 21 pics.  The OSU QB curse scares me, so yes, after a strong last game, combine, pro day, etc. I think it is quite possible that Stroud's stock is inflated--unless he breaks the mold--and maybe we have the staff to do it,

Stroud has broken the mold his entire life, I would bet on him to do it again. 

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Ohio State QB Stats over the past 8 seasons:

70% completions, 54 TDs, 9 Ints in two seasons as OSU starter:  Dwayne Haskins.  Was a huge bust (RIP)

68.4% completions, 63 TDs, 9 Ints, in two seasons as OSU Starter: Justin Fields.  After 2 years in the NFL, has a 59.7% completion rate, 24 TDs, 21 Ints.

63.5% completions, 104 TDs, 30 Ints in four seasons as OSU Starter:  JT Barrett. (Out of the NFL)

Totals of all 3 OSU Stroud predecessors at Ohio State over past 8 years:

Approx 67% completion rate, 211 TDs, 48 Ints. 

The stock is high right now.

Now do Bama! 

Tua misses lots of time and may not be long for the league. Feels like he’s a concussion or two from never playing again. 

Mac Jones regressed in a major way to the point there were grumbling the Patriots were trying to trade him AND he got benched for Zappe. Also has been called for a couple dirty plays in him time including one against Burns. Also battled injuries in the NFL already with his high ankle sprains. 

BAMA QBs = Sawft and Young is lighter than all them. 

Joe Burrow spent three years at OSU if you want to give Bama credit for Hurts. 

Edited by Varking

10 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

MHS, you joined the dark side?? You were just on the CJ train yesterday. 🙂

No--I am on the fence--I always argue both sides--it helps me to obtain full enlightenment and makes my soul free of toxins.  Through this process, I arrive at one side or another.  It is too early to select a side--but yesterday, I was defending the Stroud pick.  Today, I really tried to be objective and consider all that Young offers--and I am very impressed.  I will settle down--(I play devil's advocate a lot when discussing case studies in my ethics and law classes---so this is a habit I cannot break).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and who was the best SEC defense last year?  I'm seeing 3 BIG10 teams ranked in the top 10 for defense and only UGA (who young didn't play and Stroud) listed outside of Alabama (who Young clearly didn't play).  So let's hear it?  Who was the best defense he played last year?

Probably UGA. But why only ask about last year? The year before, on his way to the Heisman, he beat one of the best defenses in college history (some would say the best). He also gave them a run in the championship. I mean, that has to stand for something. 

And for everyone talking about a shoulder injury, Stroud was injured also (as you know) with a shoulder injury.

• Pie 4

Cam couldn't take the beating at his size. 

We could draft Stroud, and he could suffer a career ending injury his rookie season.  

I've been watching the NFL far too long to believe anyone is injury proof.  It's more about how they play the game. 

Youngs got "it", cept for the ideal size. S So if he's the pick, I'm going to rejoice on a great pick, and get a jersey. 

If Stroud is the pick, I'll rejoice on a great pick, and get a jersey. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

My fear is if we take Young he does very well but eventually deals with those inevitable injuries and Stroud ends up looking legit without the injury concerns. This place would be unbearable.

The huddle survived the Cam downfall then Rhule experience so I’m confident anything else is pudding compared to that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Young is head and shoulder better than Stroud. Stroud is Goff or Carr not a guy worth the first pick imo. Young is a more athletic Brees

Breese was a second round pick, ended up being worthy of first overall about 4 years into his career.

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Haskins was an underachieving boozehound (as a pro).  Drank himself into a grave and out of a career, sad but a fact.

Fields played for the Bears the past two seasons with NO weapons or offensive line.  You put Fields in our current situation as a rookie and he would have passing numbers similar to his college career.  All he has had was a washed out offensive line, an undermotivated Allen Robinson for 8-10 games, and a host of JAG's as the Bears tanked.  If the Panthers drafted him two years ago I bet Rhule would still be our coach.  (Thank GOD for unanswered prayers)  The OSU bashing is not legit.

I'd take Goff, he brought a team to a Super Bowl.  Only one teams wins every year.  Being in the hunt is a level of success I'd be ok with.  Was Delhome a bust because he made one and lost?  The same with Cam?  Not every QB is going to be Mahomes or Burrow.  You put the team in a position to make a playoff run and let it all shake out however it plays out.