• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young has the highest S2 Score of anyone in this year's class apparently

Ricky Spanish

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

With Bryce Young we seem to have a super QB prospect that checks all the boxes except size--gonna be hard to pass on him.  I think he is a great person, someone who everyone likes--can rally around.  I dunno, folks, but Stroud has the OSU curse--I am so confused--but I can assure you--Young isn't.  I will be happy with either, but I am starting to see more comparisons with the greats--

I'm good with Young, Stroud, or AR. There's no perfect prospect among them and I can understand the arguments for/against all three of them. I just wish I knew who our guy was so I could work on falling in love and convincing myself why the other two are gonna bust. 😂

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I firmly believe in intelligence at the QB position.  A smart QB not only makes good on-field decisions, but they allow the coaches to open up the playbook earlier and more often. 

Ben Johnson said that Jared Goff allows him to be more aggressive with his playcalling because if he calls a play that is doomed, Goff will skip it to a receivers feet and go back to the huddle.  Ben can simply say "my bad" and they move on.  He said he doesn't have to mitigate risk because the QB does it for him, and gets him out of bad playcalls without turnovers and big sacks.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If AR interviewed well and scored well on the S2 I'd struggle to restrain myself from writing his name on the card. His entire draft evaluation comes down to things that we have minimal to no insight into.

You have access to watch the games he played in…never understand how much people devalue the actual playing of the sport. 

Watching the tape will tell you it’s Young, with Stroud not that far behind. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm as intrigued by AR as I have been by any QB prospect since Cam. If he has what it takes between the ears he could be a significantly more athletic Josh Allen. But he could also be Akili Smith. 😂

AR has a lot of commonalities with Smith.  On paper just looking at college, Smith looks like a slightly better prospect.  😞

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also this would be more interesting if Vanderbilt was a good football team based on getting the highest S2 scoring kids out of high school or something, but they suck

The guys that came up with the test went to Vanderbilt. There's no indication that the football program of Vanderbilt actually utilizes it. Even if they did, they're not a powerhouse football program so they aren't picking from the deepest of talent pools. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You have access to watch the games he played in…never understand how much people devalue the actual playing of the sport. 

Watching the tape will tell you it’s Young, with Stroud not that far behind. 

Now go watch Josh Allen's games at Wyoming and try to convince yourself that guy will develop into an MVP caliber NFL QB.

Honestly, Richardson's college tape looks significantly better against far superior college competition.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also this would be more interesting if Vanderbilt was a good football team based on getting the highest S2 scoring kids out of high school or something, but they suck

That is not how the S2 Cognition Test works. You are thinking more along the lines of the Wonderlic, which I would agree is pretty worthless. S2 is a good indicator of NFL success. If Young is more than slightly ahead of Stroud, he should be the pick.  I have heard from more than one scout that CJ Stroud comp is Jared Goff.  Did we just mortgage our future for Jared Goff? The other thing going around the talk shows is that the demand for that no. 1 pick was greatly exaggerated and the Colts told the Bears they didn't feel that strongly about any of the qb's.  Houston, Indy, Vegas, all content to stay put.  

2 hours ago, DrowsyJungle said:

I'll be happy when the day comes, and the pick is in, and I don't have to read any Young vs Stroud draft content again.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Young vs Stroud debate may rage on for years following draft night. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

why is this funny to you? is it not accurate?

Me thinks you may have found, whether for good or bad, a new friend. Now be respectful, and he may just last a long long time. But don't feed him after midnight. That's when things get a little dicey.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1