• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young VS Stroud, the greatest Panthers debate ever?

GOAT

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't really become a Panthers fan until we drafted Peppers 2nd overall in '02 but I bet there was a lot of hollering to take Joey Harrington.

Hurney confirmed we had Carr rated above Peppers and would have taken him as the pick had we been in the #1 spot.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney confirmed we had Carr rated above Peppers and would have taken him as the pick had we been in the #1 spot.

A lot of Hurney's success with 1st rounders was aided by others' mistakes. Had Brian Burns not been available he was gonna take Greg Little at #16.

• Beer 2

It's been a fun ride. 

Imagine being a Colts fan....a very similar situation to Carolina and would have cost you less to get to #1. Waited around and got jumped by your ex-HC and now you're staring at potentially the fourth QB if they get leapfrogged by AZ trading down.

They, much like us, have endured several years of vet retreads at QB too with a new HC in place.

Their FA signings have been doo doo too. Lost several good to above average players and best signing is a kicker.....maybe Isaiah McKenzie. 

I feel like with Rhule & Rivera, the Colts path would've been ours. Less aggressive and settling for mediocre players. 

• Pie 2

I agree with those who are happy as long as we get one of the big 2.

In that case, I'm more excited to go to training camp and preseason games than I have been since cams first year.  If we take someone else, I'll convince myself to be excited but I really think that would be a mistake. 

I agree, this is the biggest debate the fanbase have had in a long time.

After watching franchises like the Chiefs, Bengals & to a degree Buffalo which were historically bad, become seemingly overnight sensations & probably due to be relevant for the next 5 to 10 years, It gives most of us great hope it could happen to us as well with the right guy. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

i don't know about it being a great debate other than i think it's a much better debate to be having than 'who the fug are we going to pick at 9?'

For me i don't see much point in arguing or getting upset about it because, from where i'm standing, we win either way. 

Amen