• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera hints he "didn't mesh" with David Tepper

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

If you are an NFL Head Coach it is very important to be able to communicate a detailed vision you have for a team going forward, if it doesn't mesh with the owners, odds are you job will soon be history.

No doubt. The story reminds me of how Hurney couldn't explain the state of the team to Richardson and was ultimately fired.

The way that I read the recent situation(s), Ron sounds like he's learned that he had better be able to sell his vision along with measurable, obtainable steps to get there. Hopefully that vision requires not sacrificing a QB to the football gods like he's done in the past.

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

No doubt. The story reminds me of how Hurney couldn't explain the state of the team to Richardson and was ultimately fired.

The way that I read the recent situation(s), Ron sounds like he's learned that he had better be able to sell his vision along with measurable, obtainable steps to get there. Hopefully that vision requires not sacrificing a QB to the football gods like he's done in the past.

Yeah it’s weird seeing folks in the comments here bash Tepper in this thread when it’s very clear Ron Rivera had no idea how to explain the state of the team or his vision of the team. If I took over a company and my “leaders” couldn’t explain what state we are in and what the vision is, and how we can get there, they will be gone. 

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

Which has zero relevance to anything in this conversation.

It's exactly relevant to this conversation, especially since people went from debating his communication skills to the owner has a coach to outright pooing on him 

He brought us the most success of any coach in our history, but ungrateful hypocrites make jabs at him like that 

3 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

It's exactly relevant to this conversation, especially since people went from debating his communication skills to the owner has a coach to outright pooing on him 

He brought us the most success of any coach in our history, but ungrateful hypocrites make jabs at him like that 

The other coaches are in no way relevant because Ron was/is objectively mediocre on his own, full stop. Dude rode elite talent in Cam and Luke and would have been nowhere without them. It is what it is.

Also, Fox was closer to winning the Super Bowl and made it to the NFCCG in 2005 as well. More success than Ron.

Edited by KSpan