• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's QB Rankings for 2023

Ricky Spanish

Before reading page 2 and beyond, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are three posters in this thread:

• Folks that are good with either QB (I see y'all, and I appreciate you <3)
  • Folks that are fans of Stroud that will immediately attack the content creator, Young's size, or fans of Young
  • Folks that are fans of Young that will respond to the Stroud fans and keep the cycle of screaming endlessly into the void going

Can't wait to see if I'm right 🙃

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 5

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

Before reading page 2 and beyond, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are three posters in this thread:

• Folks that are fans of Stroud that will immediately attack the content creator, Young's size, or fans of Young
  • Folks that are fans of Young that will respond to the Stroud fans and keep the cycle of screaming endlessly into the void going

Don't bother man, you nailed it.

• Beer 4

38 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

is it worth a listen or the same generic take?

So I've made it through him talking about Young and Stroud. He's very high on Young. He spent the entire time praising his traits and his movement, and downplaying worries about his size, saying that the modern game mitigates those concerns.

He repeated his talking point on Stroud by saying that if he could repeat his performance against Georgia every game then he could be a world class QB, but he hasn't seen the consistency. He is not a fan of Stroud's movement, although he does say Stroud a clinical technician from the pocket. He also uses the fact that Ohio State's WRs are so good that he's worried that Stroud is going to be in a situation where his receivers in the league are not as good as his WRs at OSU.

28 minutes ago, Icege said:

I am genuinely impressed that there was mostly civil exchanges of opinions about Young and Stroud for most of the thread.

Bravo, Huddle. Bravo.

• Pie 1

Sounds like JT loves him some Bryce Young.

Someone please inform him just as Stroud will not be bringing MH JR with him to the NFL Young will not be bringing Nick Saban and going up against prestigious opponents such as Utah State ULM Vanderbilt Mississippi State Austin Peay and Kansas State.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

thats not going to happen and that literally makes no sense

Why? When they got the pick they said they were open to a move. The Texans are known to like Young more and the Bears hoped to get the Texans to trade with them when they had the pick. If the Panthers like both for different reasons, why not get some picks and still get a guy you like. It might not happen but it does make sense with those scenarios. 

2 minutes ago, musicman said:

Why? When they got the pick they said they were open to a move. The Texans are known to like Young more and the Bears hoped to get the Texans to trade with them when they had the pick. If the Panthers like both for different reasons, why not get some picks and still get a guy you like. It might not happen but it does make sense with those scenarios. 

How do you know they like young more?

• Poo 1

17 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Is that why they called all those rpo's for him and he didn't pull in down and run? He even admits not running enough at OSU.

I believe his coach was asked about it and he said, they limited exposure as they had no backup

it was a similar situation with Herbert 

or, it could simply be, he doesn’t like to run and expose himself  

Up to the staff to figure out.

16 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So he's his number 1 but also sounds concerned about his size, and hoping he's just a Houdini out there? 

I know he meant the Lamar comparison as a positive, but Lamar is having a hard time finishing seasons. Probably not a great comparison. He was saying he favors Lamar in that he has a knack for avoiding big hits. 

• Beer 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:03 AM, Wolfcop said:

Players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were 20 years ago. Size still matters a great deal and should be a concern, as it is. Young will get hit and his small frame will be tested. Huge gamble to take when you have a comparable talent on the board. 

This is all I'm saying! Nothing against Young, who's looked like the better college QB. If Stroud wasn't there, just a fraction behind him but bigger and stronger, I'd say grab Young and never look back.

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Sounds like JT loves him some Bryce Young.

Someone please inform him just as Stroud will not be bringing MH JR with him to the NFL Young will not be bringing Nick Saban and going up against prestigious opponents such as Utah State ULM Vanderbilt Mississippi State Austin Peay and Kansas State.

For someone that says he is sick of the "debate", you sure do love taking shots at Young. If you're going to bash Bama's schedule, you could at least be fair and mention OSU's powerhouse lineup of Toledo, Rutgers, Northwestern, and Arkansas St. Both schools took advantage of their schedules and non conference opponents.

Anywho, here's to Ahlers at 1. We gotta have that size!

East Carolina Football GIF by ECU Athletics